Barque Stefano by donrobinson - MarisStella - 1:63

Hubac; Thanks for stopping in and for the gracious comment

Ian: I never really left the shipyard, I put the Stefano aside to build the Liburnian Novilara but it is done now so Stefano is back in the shipyard again. Thanks for dropping by

• 2 weeks later...

Never enough time - why didn't I think of that one?  It's good to see this project resurrected Don.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Good to hear from you Mike. It does feel good to be back on the Stefano, and hope to make better progress on him

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for stopping in. the likes and comments all  are much appreciated. While not a lot got done this past while there is a little to report;

IMG_3562.thumb.jpg.d4f11e5050c33a1d81c4b74f9acf83f8.jpg

Drilling out pin rails, actually just slightly enlarging the existing holes using sensitive drilling attachment on Sherline mill

IMG_3669.thumb.jpg.37873afed2d2df5f3e9804a0bbfa735a.jpg

Pin rails installed

IMG_3682.thumb.jpg.b89937782a03e1e765a071c6d0e2a13c.jpg

Starting to strop the deadeyes

IMG_3691.thumb.jpg.a20b7e5aea53c0a55fc8fa2d0a7c5f87.jpg

Drilling holes for deadeyes, all measurements taken from plans

IMG_3692.thumb.jpg.b91c38df2859d5865a6787ebffa07db6.jpg

Cutting chain plates from photo etch sheet

IMG_3704.thumb.jpg.d0ba7a757ab6c88fea6e87ec14c3781c.jpg

Although I cleaned and prepped the chain plates for blackening in the end i went for painting instead. They were first primed with metal primer then painted with acrylic paint, there are no severe bends on these so paint cracking should not be an issue. The black ring is for the rudder opening on the bottom of the transom.

IMG_3681.thumb.jpg.46d780e58bc8a62841f5e32ecadc7485.jpg

Rudder hole is up next so I thought making the rudder would be a good idea

IMG_3709.thumb.jpg.6d54930e233c5d3397cff46188eb4bb0.jpg

The completed rudder

IMG_3710.thumb.jpg.0b1b365dd77a38c75da3eafd8731dc71.jpgIMG_3715.thumb.jpg.52bcd92aa59911c1237156e59a36493e.jpg

And how he looks now. Belaying pins are installed just for the picture they are not glued in place.

Thanks for stopping in.

Very fine work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Nice Don... real nice!!..... Those MarisStella kits look  top quality, but it all boils down to whose building them... and You are one of the best!!.. Excellent work Don......

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Beautiful work, Don.

Regards,

David

David Robinson

Boston, MA area

Completed:  Constructo J.S. Elcano, Artesinia Latina Sanson, Dumas Mt. Washington, Bluejacket Nantucket, Amati Revenge, Artesania Latina  King of the Mississippi, 

Amati Grand Banks Heritage 46, Amati HMS Fly, Amati Titanic, Dumas Chris Craft Commuter, Mantua Cutty Sark, Mantua Bruma, Kolderstok Batavia, Vanguard Models HM Cutter Alert, Caldercraft HMS Victory, Dumas USCG Fast Response Cutter

Currently Building:  Amati Bismarck

Very neat and tidy work.  Interesting arrangement with the deadeyes inboard of the bullwarks.  I have not seen that before but I am far from any kind of expert.  The build logs (like yours) of these Maristella kits have me very interested in possibly trying one myself for my next project.

- Gary

Current Build: Artesania Latina Sopwith Camel

Completed Builds: Blue Jacket America 1/48th  Annapolis Wherry

Looking great Don, as usual. I see a bit of rigging in your future😁.

Ian

Jim, Don recommended the sensitive drilling attachment to me when I bought my mill. I can say without reservation it is one of the most appreciated tools of my mill.

Oc: Thanks for stopping in

Dave: Thanks Dave

Frank; So good to hear from you Frank, Thanks so much

David: Thanks David, it is about the same size as your Titanic which you will have loads of fun with

Gary: Thanks Gary, they really are fine kits that are very well thought out. I highly recommend them

Ian: Thanks, there is a Massive amount of rigging coming, but not until after the massive amount of copper plates that is coming sooner!!!

Jim: Thanks. The sensitive drilling attachment is, in my mind, a must. It helps things go along so much faster and easier when using smaller bits. It would be a toss up as to whether I would buy the DRO or the sensitive drilling attachment first. I would say if you are serious enough to have a Sherline mill a/o lathe you should really have both. Christmas is coming, spoil yourself!!

52 minutes ago, donrobinson said:

Oc: Thanks for stopping in

Dave: Thanks Dave

Frank; So good to hear from you Frank, Thanks so much

David: Thanks David, it is about the same size as your Titanic which you will have loads of fun with

Gary: Thanks Gary, they really are fine kits that are very well thought out. I highly recommend them

Ian: Thanks, there is a Massive amount of rigging coming, but not until after the massive amount of copper plates that is coming sooner!!!

Jim: Thanks. The sensitive drilling attachment is, in my mind, a must. It helps things go along so much faster and easier when using smaller bits. It would be a toss up as to whether I would buy the DRO or the sensitive drilling attachment first. I would say if you are serious enough to have a Sherline mill a/o lathe you should really have both. Christmas is coming, spoil yourself!!

Fa la la laaaaa

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.