USRC Ranger 1819 by Cathead – FINISHED – Corel – Scale 1:64

If I understand your question correctly, I did that in two ways depending on context:

(1) by passing the line through the bolt or block, tying the simplest possible overhand knot to hold it in place (think the first step of shoelace tying), using a small clamp to hold both ends of the line parallel, applying a tiny drop of glue to fix the proto-knot in place, then finishing the knot or wrapping the loose end around the taut end as needed.

(2) by doing something similar, but to simulate "serving" (the finer line wrapped around two rope ends to hold them in place), once I used a drop of glue to hold the original rope in place, I simply used fine tweezers to wrap finer line around just like real serving, again using a spot of glue to hold it in place once done.

If these written descriptions aren't clear, I can try and whip up a mock photo or two for you.

I think I get what you're describing.

Actually, having finished the first part of the main mast rigging and starting on the mizzen mast rigging (starting to get those nautical terms down 😉) today, I was getting better at handling things. All of that rigging makes for good practice!

Thanks again!

First build: US Ranger - Corel

Second build: HMS Beagle - OcCre

Here's a thread (no pun intended) from the MSW rigging section that contains a variety of suggestions, examples, and links for methods: