Don Jane

Spirit of Mississippi - OcCre - Scale 1:80

I have been working on this model for several months - Sorry, I just never took the time to start a build log ! I will post pics in the next few days . This is my second Occre kit, and I find the kits pretty good - lots of detail !

Hi there, it is a smashing kit and I agree with you, their kits are really good. When you get there, part of the outer side is designed to be removable but I would suggest a modification to make it even better. But ,that's a long way off. Have fun!

Hi Mike

Thanks for commenting on my new Build Log - Thanks for the pics of your build - It is almost a shame to cover up all the detail on the inside of the cabins - I am putting Lighting in all the inside cabins - I got miniture LEDS from a hobby lighting shop and they are going to work out great ! I now have all the decks installed so am starting to put on the exterior Columns. This is my second Occre kit - my first was the Gorch Fock - I am very happy with it - The kit was well prepared and very detailed.

Take care

Don

Mike Dowling likes this

Hi Don,

I too am currently building this kit. Sounds like you are well ahead on your build. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Marv

Mike Dowling likes this

Hi again Don. The exterior columns on the starboard side are those that will removable hence my comment about modifying the destructions. I did put a picture of my modification on my gallery I think if not, Panama Port has one or I can post one for you as well.

Thanks Marv, I was going to send it but I can't find it now except for your log and my gallery. Sorry Don you'll have to pinch it from Marv!!

Im having trouble getting my pics the rite size ti upload them, now i will try again