La Couronne by yancovitch - FINISHED - RADIO

Sweet!!!!!  She's sails and has working teeth.  Love it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nice Job looks great in the water.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Awesome!!! She looks great!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Man, that is so cool! What a beautiful, large ship.

Is it entirely sail powered, or are there props that I missed in the pictures somewhere? How is everything powered? How are you controlling things? Do we get video of the sails in operation? I almost can't believe that the rigging is functional. I love it. 

Sorry for the deluge of questions, but this is right up my alley, so the lighting and RC aspect of this build really interest me. Do you mind sharing some of the details? 

thanks hubac-calhoun.....my R/C build, along with other's is on this forum.....https://www.rcgroups.com/scale-sailboats-653/?  under coronne II..

hope i was allowed to post that link......the rudder, the yards are radio controlled...that's it....some fellas actually attach a submersible motor and prop to the rudder or drop keel to help get them out of trouble....me...i have to be on the water in a boat, as this old style of ship ends up drifting downwind and i have to tow it back.....a trades wind sailor, opposed to the more modern designs which can go up wind to varying degrees.....all the windows and lanterns have led's....cheers....

Edited by yancovitch

I have no words except that photo is a work of art.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That photo is indeed awesome! Would be a good one to get framed and set by the model display.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

• 3 years later...

got her lower in the water now, but as i've moved into a retirement home, i had to give away my ships or sell them at cost of materials, as i live in the middle of nowhere, and have no access to a auction house .....impossible to sell these things online....but i'm happy to have had the experience, and they'll make someone happy one way or another....cheers, vic

DSC_9293.JPG

Such an incredible build. Great to see her floating once more.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

ahh gee.....as the lion  in the wizard of oz expressed when he received his medal ....thanks..........................anyways, i have nice memories, and appreciate all the absolutely wonderful builds i've seen...so inspiring....when the time comes... i'm gonna kick that bucket gratefully inspired!!....cheers, vc

• 6 months later...

I like collecting images of tall ships and yours is one of the best, if not the best, model of La Couronne I've seen. the fact it can actually sail makes it even better, it's amazing to see it on the water with its sails full.

Please, if you still have it, I beg you to add a gallery of static images of the finished model, I can't get enough of it and I want to see it from all angles.

DSC_9056.JPG.4b498263fd238dc0121708caf87dccf4.JPGso kind...i don't have it anymore, but i'll put what images i've saved here if they'll fit 🙂DSC_9058.thumb.JPG.fd251fb9277ff84ae36f3995a404e800.JPG

DSC_9050.JPG

DSC_9053.JPG

DSC_9057.JPG

DSC_9072.JPG

DSC_9075.JPG

DSC_9082.JPG

DSC_9083.JPG

DSC_9285.JPG

DSC_9287.JPG

DSC_9289.JPG

DSC_9298.JPG

DSC_9299.JPG

DSC_9300.JPG

la-couronne_49254609142_o.jpg

DSC_9302.JPG

DSC_3458a.jpg

DSC_4308a.jpg

DSC_4301a.jpg

DSC_3280a.jpg

DSC_3298a.jpg

Edited by yancovitch

thank you.......i moved into a retirement home, so i had to give it away to a friend....i live in a little village in the middle of nowhere....nobody interested in purchasing here..... only cows and chickens of value...........gave away other ships too....but the experience is what is really important, because this i what you can take with you into the beyond....the ships won't fit 😁

56 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

"wow x 2."

It is at 4 WOWs now and sure to climb! This is impressive at every level. The new owner is lucky to say the least! The retirement home should have found a space in their lobby or common room. It would have made a fantastic addition.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Thank you so much for the extra pictures! It's such an amazing model, so incredibly beautiful, so detailed and seeing it sail just adds so much life to it, like you're seeing the real Couronne. I hope your friend is taking good care of it, maybe it can go to a museum some day, it's definitively better than several scale models I've seen on museum displays.

• 6 months later...