SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

look'in really good Patrick........little by little,  she's getting there   ;)

Hi Denis - many thanks.  You're right; little by little at the moment.  Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before I can get more time to work on her.

Most of us would say, "She's just about finished", and a fine job.  But I know you still have the inside.  Can't wait.

Bob

Hi Bob - I'm slowly inching towards the insides, but I'm still trying to get the external paint as smooth and nicely finished as I can.  The trouble is that each time I look at the superstructure under a lamp, or in the photos, more and more imperfections keep appearing.  I swear, one day, I'll get the superstructure perfect!

Patrick,

If I attempted something that small, it would look like a mushroom your very talented with the wee ones, it's turning out great, kudos :im Not Worthy:

Hi John-many thanks for your compliments!  Greatly appreciated.

Even with small steps you get there ... nicely done, Patrick

Hi Carl - thanks!  Yep.  I agree, with my limited time to work on Shadow, I really do feel that things are going very slowly.  Oh well...hopefully I'll get more time soon.

Hi, Patrick!

Great work!

Hi Igor -many thanks!  I hope all's well with you.  Happy modelling in 2017!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

G'day Patrick

The more you do, the more I'm amazed. The details in the radar area (at this scale) is impressive.

But I'm like Bob, can't wait to see in internal majic that you are sooooo goooood at.

Havagooday mate and I hoped that you had a great Australia Day yesterday.

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Thk Patrick :)
In fact last half year or something more I was intensively engaged with a bit greater scale (1:1) and non-static recent models  B) 
Simply I had the fortune and the possibility to go on many sailing regattas, so in few weekends that I wasn't on deck was very politically correct  to remember that I had also the best wife on the world (doesn't someone have OR could says that !? :P ) so the models are on stand by.

Edited by Leo-zd

Thk Patrick :)

In fact last half year or something more I was intensively engaged with a bit greater scale (1:1) and non-static recent models  B) 

Simply I had the fortune and the possibility to go on many sailing regattas, so in few weekends that I wasn't on deck was very politically correct  to remember that I had also the best wife on the world (doesn't someone have OR could says that !? :P ) so the models are on stand by.

Hi Leo - I understand exactly what you're saying .  Your wife is/should be the 'best thing in your life'.  If not, then you're in strife.  You now what they say - Happy wife, happy life!  On another note, do you have any info/photos of your 1:1 scale model????

Hello Patrick

Your radar and radio mast sure do look great and very realistic, your skills never fail to amaze me, you never seam to over look even the tiniest detail, me like all of the other MSW Members can hardly Waite to see just what treats you have lined up for us on the inside Shadow,                                                                 ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hi Lawrence - many thanks.  I'm itching to get stuck into the internal accommodation, too.  Soon, I hope!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Leo - I understand exactly what you're saying .  Your wife is/should be the 'best thing in your life'.  If not, then you're in strife.  You now what they say - Happy wife, happy life!  On another note, do you have any info/photos of your 1:1 scale model????

Cheers

Patrick

B)  you knew all (about wifes :P )

For the 1:1 , fortunately I'm not a owner (so I only have to sail :D  not to take care ) but I have two friends with interesting models :)

first is First 30  and when I am not on it I go with one Ufo 22

I don't want to spam your post so only few picks as I have a plenty of picks on my FB profile :piratetongueor4:

post-1426-0-98230300-1485766464_thumb.jpg

post-1426-0-32492500-1485766523_thumb.jpg

post-1426-0-07331500-1485766574_thumb.jpg

post-1426-0-78744900-1485766914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leo-zd

Hi Leo

Thanks!   Those are some nice 1:1 models you've got there. 

On the other hand, there's absolutely no problems about 'spamming' my log.  I enjoyed them. Maybe you could put more photos in the Shore Leave forum for all to enjoy?

Cheers

Patrick 

Edited by Omega1234

:D
the trouble is that i had a "few" photos  (only this year something as 400 ... from 12 regatas ) here is the link to my space on photobucklet which I often use for posting images on nautical forum.
Most of folders are from sailing.
http://s364.photobucket.com/user/GRINGO_ZD/library/?sort=9&page=1

• 2 weeks later...

HI everyone - many thanks for all of your comments and Likes.  A special thanks to Leo-zd for the photos of his 1:1 ships!

A quick update.  I've spent the last couple of weeks cutting out and individually planking all of the internal decks.  In doing so, care was taken to ensure that each deck could be removed and inserted easily and smoothly.  

Here are the results so far.  I hope you enjoy the photos.

All the best everyone.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-42826100-1486823591_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-62131400-1486823608_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79340300-1486823625_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-81806500-1486823644_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-73810400-1486823662_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-89374800-1486823685_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-31003900-1486823718_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-41077000-1486823741_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-43719600-1486823774_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-97806500-1486823791_thumb.jpg

HI everyone - many thanks for all of your comments and Likes.  A special thanks to Leo-zd for the photos of his 1:1 ships!

A quick update.  I've spent the last couple of weeks cutting out and individually planking all of the internal decks.  In doing so, care was taken to ensure that each deck could be removed and inserted easily and smoothly.  

All the best everyone.

Cheers

Patrick

wonderful Patrick,

the sequential pics of the decks, and mounted (dry fit) in place with fitting out details, looks super   ;)  :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

G'day Patrick

Now the fun stuff! Bloody fantastic mate! Could you please tell us the size of the decking Timber please? It looks more like hair to me!

I see you couldn't resist to put cushions in. Bravo!

Happymodelling mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

I wish there was a "love it" button. Just a "like" isn't enough.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Shadow is looking really great now, Patrick! She is beautifully coming along, mate.

Brian :)

Hi Brian - many thanks for the compliment!  I reckon she's not looking too bad, either. :D

All the best everyone.

Cheers

Patrick

wonderful Patrick,

the sequential pics of the decks, and mounted (dry fit) in place with fitting out details, looks super   ;)  :)

Nils

Hi Nils - Thanks.  It's taken a while to figure out how to do it, but the result is well worthwhile!  Full steam ahead from here, now that I've got that milestone (the  removable decks)  out of the way.

Patrick,

I see your creative juices are running free again. Looking good!

Hey Carl - yep, the juices are certainly flowing!  I'm looking forward to fitting her out!  ...Should be great fun.

G'day Patrick

Now the fun stuff! Bloody fantastic mate! Could you please tell us the size of the decking Timber please? It looks more like hair to me!

I see you couldn't resist to put cushions in. Bravo!

Happymodelling mate

Greg

Hi Greg - Many thanks and how are you?  You're right - the fun stuff is starting now :D  :D  :D .  The deck planking is approximately 1mm wide, being derived from an Australia Wattlyl veneer sheet.  

I wish there was a "love it" button. Just a "like" isn't enough.

Hi Mark - that's one hell of a compliment!  It put a really big smile on my face, that's for sure!

Looking really good Patrick. Kind of like show and tell with all of the sections.

Very Cool!

Jeff

Hi Jeff - many thanks.  It caused me a lot of headaches trying to figure out how to make all the deck's removable, but, I reckon it's all good now.  The reason being that the plans were not clear as to the exact location and layout of the decks, so needless to say, a lot of guess work was necessary.

Have a great week,everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

my god Patrick.........I don't know how you do it!    one totally awesome model  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hiya Patrick,

I have to say, I'm glad you haven't been moving break-neck speed, so I didn't miss the whole build! I know what you mean about life being crazy on-and-off - haven't gotten on here in months between travels with family, work responsibilities, and general miscellaneous stuff happening. So I was worried that you were all done and off on something new. But I'm happy to see that you're really just getting in the thick of it. It's looking really wonderful so far! 

And, PS - the domes are for satellite dishes so that the owner and guests and crew don't miss their favorite TV shows while sitting offshore of Tahiti or something. Three radars that close to each other would interfere with each other. Doesn't impact the way you built it at all, just a fun knowledge tidbit :)

Keep up the excellent work!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Great swaggering sea dog Patrick, that's some mighty fine work.  Can't wait for the furnishings to start.

Cheers, 

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hiya Patrick,

I have to say, I'm glad you haven't been moving break-neck speed, so I didn't miss the whole build! I know what you mean about life being crazy on-and-off - haven't gotten on here in months between travels with family, work responsibilities, and general miscellaneous stuff happening. So I was worried that you were all done and off on something new. But I'm happy to see that you're really just getting in the thick of it. It's looking really wonderful so far! 

And, PS - the domes are for satellite dishes so that the owner and guests and crew don't miss their favorite TV shows while sitting offshore of Tahiti or something. Three radars that close to each other would interfere with each other. Doesn't impact the way you built it at all, just a fun knowledge tidbit :)

Keep up the excellent work!

Hi Ben - welcome back!!!  Thanks for your comments and also the advice about the domes.  The plans that I'm using are really short on details, so, I used a fair bit of guess work with the positioning of the domes.  Oh, well.  I'll probably leave them as is, now.  Good to know, though!

Great swaggering sea dog Patrick, that's some mighty fine work.  Can't wait for the furnishings to start.

Cheers, 

Hi Piet - thanks and it's great to hear from you again.  I've still got the major bulkheads to put in, but once they're done, the furnishing and fitting out can start.

I'm definitely champing at the bit!

All the best!!!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234