SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

A very complex and detailed model, Patrick.  And a feast for the eyes.   BTW, will you be doing crew and passengers next? Pirate3.gif.3b3d37b67be6ac2fa46fabde92973f0c.gif <whistles><acts innocent>

Edited by mtaylor

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6 hours ago, mtaylor said:

A very complex and detailed model, Patrick.  And a feast for the eyes.   BTW, will you be doing crew and passengers next? Pirate3.gif.3b3d37b67be6ac2fa46fabde92973f0c.gif <whistles><acts innocent>

Hi Mark

Thanks- trust me, I’m definitely tempted to give the crew and passengers a go....but, knowing me, they’ll probably look like Martian blobs😳!!!!

Not a good look!

Cheers. 

Patrick

I thought of the perfect next project for you.........a cruise ship!  :D  that'll keep you busy for a while  ;)    you certainly have the knack for it!   amazing when you lat it out like that.......a very well detailed model  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Awesome, jaw dropping, fantastic. Love it Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

3 hours ago, IgorSky said:

Amazing work, Patrick! My congrats to you!

Thanks Igor!  Great to hear from you and I hope all’s well with you.

11 hours ago, Piet said:

Awesome, jaw dropping, fantastic. Love it Patrick.

Cheers,

Hi Piet - thanks and greatly appreciated!!!

13 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I thought of the perfect next project for you.........a cruise ship!  :D  that'll keep you busy for a while  ;)    you certainly have the knack for it!   amazing when you lat it out like that.......a very well detailed model  :) 

Hi Denis.  Interesting you say that, as I was actually thinking about how much fun building a passenger liner would be😁.  Now, that would be one hell of a job...

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

37 minutes ago, canoe21 said:

Hello Patrick

Fascinating!!! Just when I thought that there was no more room on Shadow you turn around and add another 1/2 dozen lounges and she still does not look crowded, WELL DONE. The only thing missing that I can think of is a few crew and passengers to lounge in and around Shadows decks,                               ENJOY.  

Regards   Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence 

I keep thinking about making the passengers and crew...but, somehow, I can’t seem to believe that I could do them properly. Maybe,one day I’ll just bite the bullet and give it a go...

One can only try, I guess.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments!

Woohoo!!!!!  Shadow’s actually almost ready for her sea-trials.  She’ll be guaranteed to be a smooth sailer, that’s for sure; after all, she has her twin five bladed props, twin rudders and her four stabilisers (“two on the port and two on her starboard underwater hull).

Deep inside the engine room, I’ve tried to mock-up her two engines, but in reality, they’re so small, that they’re not even worth photographing them.

I hope you enjoy these photos.

Cheers. 

Patrick

5F74F0E2-66F3-43F1-8646-6334BEFA297F.jpeg

294F8E1F-99EB-4204-BECE-D4E70102D02B.jpeg

2A3AA0AE-86AC-402A-9D65-CA9849D8048C.jpeg

4A66EB33-2598-4A59-8211-EA7FEA783EDA.jpeg

6BA6AEBD-C1CA-4F9A-9370-C800F2188DBF.jpeg

7C620A00-1FF9-4213-BC2E-045394F6FC68.jpeg

D8E7AFB0-27DA-4992-BBCB-4C2CBFEBFF7D.jpeg

nice work on the bottom.......the stabilizers look real good,  and well as the rudders and props.   I'm sure the engines look fine as well :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi everyone

Thanks for your Likes and comments. Much appreciated. 

The foreman has taken Shadow back into the Paint Shop to have her underside repainted; especially now that her propellers, shafts, rudders and stabilisers have been fitted. Next on the schedule will be to have her waterline repainted, as well as a few other touch ups around the hull. 

I hope that you like these photos. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

96E17F68-D789-4BCD-B839-66D0037244E6.jpeg

60D0411C-7ED3-4440-9B44-44BE435DC7A3.jpeg

D0665297-0DD5-472D-AB8E-827202D51A3B.jpeg

6893B568-F5C2-4387-996D-FE3DF075259E.jpeg

887BAF89-1761-4614-A0D3-A8EBB3A7D9F1.jpeg

24B244EE-EF73-4878-A4D1-F98E9B734A82.jpeg

A14A5770-28FA-4F3F-806F-F7AF9B5A0584.jpeg

02E94092-008A-4B37-8993-6A833B74ED65.jpeg

Guest Riccardo1966

Hello Patrick,

Simply amazing levels of detail and so neat, It is too easy to be over critical when looking at small scale models at high magnification. Your model is superb.

Hope that you are having a Happy Birthday.

Cheers

Richard

55 minutes ago, Riccardo1966 said:

Hello Patrick,

Simply amazing levels of detail and so neat, It is too easy to be over critical when looking at small scale models at high magnification. Your model is superb.

Hope that you are having a Happy Birthday.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard

Much appreciated!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Stunning!! A lovely jewel.

Is it your birthday Patrick? Well, in that case let me also wish you a happy birthday with many more to come.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Patrick, Happy Birthday!  Shadow looks like a very fine yacht, super job!

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Patrick,

Beautiful work! I stand amazed at your fine detail skills. Now a passenger liner would certainly be an undertaking and we would love to watch if you decide to take that on. Enjoy the shakedown cruise. 😉

Current build: HMS Pegasus, English Pinnace (on hold)

Completed build: MS BluenoseSkippercraft

10 hours ago, Piet said:

Stunning!! A lovely jewel.

Is it your birthday Patrick? Well, in that case let me also wish you a happy birthday with many more to come.

Cheers,

Hi Piet

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!  55 years young....who would’ve thought!

9 hours ago, steamschooner said:

Patrick, Happy Birthday!  Shadow looks like a very fine yacht, super job!

Hi Steve.  

Thanks for for your kind thoughts and compliments!  

9 hours ago, DBorgens said:

Patrick,

Beautiful work! I stand amazed at your fine detail skills. Now a passenger liner would certainly be an undertaking and we would love to watch if you decide to take that on. Enjoy the shakedown cruise. 😉

Hi Dave

Thanks for your compliments and wishes.  As for the passenger liner comment...trust me...the thought has crossed my mind, but I’d have to be a masochist if I went ahead with it😉.  But, you never say never, I guess.  Maybe one day.

Have a great week, everyone. 

Cheers.

Patrick

happy belated birthday Patrick!   your really fine tuning in on the paint.......she look'in splendid  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

6 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

happy belated birthday Patrick!   your really fine tuning in on the paint.......she look'in splendid  ;) 

Hi Denis!   

Thanks for the birthday wishes. We  celebrated in style by spending the weekend away; a wonderful way to relax and recharge. 

Have a great week. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

Hi Everyone!

A quick update for you.  Shadow now has a temporary stand to rest upon, whilst I figure out how best to display her.  I hope the final decision will look good...here’  hoping.  

Also, I’ve painted her two tenders (one of which is shown in the photos).  Pls excuse my dirty fingernails as I’d just done some gardening before the photo was taken.

Cheers. 

Patrick

14328B45-570C-4092-950F-7A8DC1332642.jpeg

319A3614-2CC2-42FF-9F00-910579CD3BF7.jpeg

CFDB9B30-D940-4314-8038-19927CCF0992.jpeg

A02C2EA0-7B3C-432D-96C9-35F77B93C37C.jpeg

7EBB82B4-EEB4-4489-ACCA-E1B3A0C0CFB2.jpeg

BF99DD78-E26E-43D9-BCE9-5A0502528232.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Splendid work Patrick. Actually it's most outstanding!

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Hi Patrick

I’m continually amazed at how much detail you can get into a tiny space.  The little tender is awesome.  (And I’m sure your garden is equally impressive - what scale is it?). 😉

9 hours ago, Mahuna said:

Hi Patrick

I’m continually amazed at how much detail you can get into a tiny space.  The little tender is awesome.  (And I’m sure your garden is equally impressive - what scale is it?). 😉

Hi Frank.  Thanks, as always.  I had a special little chuckle about your 'garden' comment.  I needed a good laugh after a day like today!  The answer is 1:1:)  

9 hours ago, Piet said:

Splendid work Patrick. Actually it's most outstanding!

Cheers,

Thanks Piet!  Great to hear from you.  Shadow's almost done, and soon, I'll be able to start my new project.  Hint:  She's really out of left field:  Take a peek:https://yachtharbour.com/yacht/khalilah-2968.

How the hell am I gonna tackle this one!  I've got a headache already!!!!!!!

Cheers

Patrick

54 minutes ago, Mahuna said:

That's another radical design!  I'll be interested to see how you pull off the forward railing at your scale. 

Thanks Frank.  To be honest, it's not just the 'forward railing' that scares me...it's EVERYTHING about this ship that scares me.  I mean, just looking at it is enough to do my head in.  But, I'm hooked.  What a challenge and what a load of fun this one's going to be!

Hi Patrick - Just FYI: I work with someone who used to work at Palmer Johnson (the builder of Khalilah). I'm not sure he has (or can provide) any useful information, but I saw the yacht and was like "Oh! I know a guy..."

Good luck! I'm excited to see this next one - I'm always impressed at the creativity in taking these challenging 'superyacht' shapes and making them look spot-on in such small scale.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

1 minute ago, BenF89 said:

Hi Patrick - Just FYI: I work with someone who used to work at Palmer Johnson (the builder of Khalilah). I'm not sure he has (or can provide) any useful information, but I saw the yacht and was like "Oh! I know a guy..."

Good luck! I'm excited to see this next one - I'm always impressed at the creativity in taking these challenging 'superyacht' shapes and making them look spot-on in such small scale.

HI Ben

Thanks for the tip about your work colleague!  I swear, any bit of info that he could / would be willing to impart, would be most welcomed.  At this stage, my biggest problem is the hull plans; which, I know, would be impossible to get.  I guess, I'm just going to have to 'wing it' and do the best approximation of what I think the hull may look like.  I may also need to tap into your excellent Naval Architecture brain for guidance and support!!!!!!

PS -is it true that Palmer and Johnson has gone out of business???

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I'll see what I can find. I agree- hull plans are probably a no-go, even if he had them. But I might get a description that could be useful to you. If I get anything, I'll send it to you directly.

And yes, I believe that Palmer Johnson is functionally out of business. I think owner might still be trying to sell stuff, but I'm 90% certain the yard is closed.

Edited by BenF89

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)