SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

G'day Patrick 

Are you going to put ear muffin in the engine room? I can hear the noise of the engine from Perth to here in Sydney.

Looks so real mate!

Havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

1 hour ago, gregchard said:

G'day Patrick 

Are you going to put ear muffin in the engine room? I can hear the noise of the engine from Perth to here in Sydney.

Looks so real mate!

Havagooday 

Greg 

Haha!  Great idea, Greg.  Gotta protect the crew; if not, the Unions will be on my back;)!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

As always... amazing work, Patrick.   Nice touch on the control cabinets and all the other items.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

fits in there like a glove :)    amazing Patrick........such fine detail concerning the room divisions.   you may want to cut the small strip going across the aft doorway........major trip factor ;)   the engine room looks great!  keep up the wonderful work!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

fits in there like a glove :)    amazing Patrick........such fine detail concerning the room divisions.   you may want to cut the small strip going across the aft doorway........major trip factor ;)   the engine room looks great!  keep up the wonderful work!

Hey Denis

Dang - you weren't supposed to notice that tiny strip.  Now, I've got to see if I can take it out. LOL!!!!  Eagle eyes, you have...

Thanks for your compliments about the engine room, too.

Cheers

Patrick

13 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Hey Denis

Dang - you weren't supposed to notice that tiny strip.  Now, I've got to see if I can take it out. LOL!!!!  Eagle eyes, you have...

Thanks for your compliments about the engine room, too.

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick 

You're 100 % correct, Denis has got an eagle eye. If it help you, I havta go back to check the photos twice until I saw the splinter. 😆

The engine room is so good that I can hear a gentle purrrrrr of the engines after the tune up. It's fantastic, bloody fantastic in actual fact. 

Havagoodweekend my friend

Greg 😊 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Hi Greg

Now, about that dastardly strip of wood...it wouldn't be seen if it wasn't for Denis and his infamous eagle eyes!;)  LOL. Oh well....

Thanks for your comments about the engine room, too.  I've still got lots of work to do, though.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Great work there Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

are there to be any engines to fill those rectangular holes?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

24 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

are there to be any engines to fill those rectangular holes?

Denis you must be part eagle! I didn't see them holes until you mentioned it. 

That's a good question, but I assume there is going to be a gearbox or something similar coming very soon.

havagooday to all

Greg 

Hi Denis and Greg

Yep!  You bet.  Shadow has two Caterpillar engines which are nestled in those rectangular holes.  I'm gonna build them soon, but I don't know how much detail I can realistically put on them. Hence why I've held off doing them so far.

Have a great day, you guys!

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick 

Knowing what you can do, I'm sure there will be ample of details, much more than anyone else can imagine.

Hope that you had a gooday.

Greg 

Hi folks

A quick update for you all - Shadow's interior accommodation continues to grow, albeit slowly.  So far, I've been concentrating on building the layout of all the cabins located within the Bilge, Lower and Main decks.  Getting these in the correct locations is vital, otherwise, the various staircases connecting the decks would be askew.  Trust me, that would not be a good look!

Oh well, there's still heaps of fun to go.

Have a great week, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

2017-03-20 21.13.34-2.jpg

2017-03-20 21.14.33.jpg

2017-03-20 21.14.05.jpg

2017-03-20 21.16.00.jpg

2017-03-20 21.14.45.jpg

2017-03-20 21.14.52.jpg

G'day Patrick 

Bloody great job on the rooms. Must be so tedious to do them all.

Hopefully 'Eagle Eye' wouldn't see any spinners this time. Lol😆

Can't wait first the furniture. 

Havagooday matee 

Greg 

6 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Patrick 

Bloody great job on the rooms. Must be so tedious to do them all.

Hopefully 'Eagle Eye' wouldn't see any spinners this time. Lol😆

Can't wait first the furniture. 

Havagooday matee 

Greg 

Hi Greg

Thanks. I guess 'boring' is one way to describe it, but it's still exciting to think that at least I'm getting closer to building all the fun stuff.

Can't wait!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

man those rooms are tiny!   I see you already have the closets shelved off.   it will be interesting to see what feng shui you add to them.   I hope to draw some of your style for one of my builds  ;)

really cool stuff....awesome job!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Thanks Denis

Really appreciate that.  Yep, you're right, though.  The cabins are TINY. I'm really beginning to wonder just what I've gotten myself in for, because there's not a hell of a lot of detail that I can add in them...but I'll try my best.

Oh well, at least I'm having heaps of fun (and satisfaction).  Can't ask any more than that, I guess!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

2 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

I'm really beginning to wonder just what I've gotten myself in for,

Cheers

Patrick

I'm wondering the same thing on my Mariefred, and it's three times larger in scale.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

9 hours ago, bdgiantman2 said:

Having fun is the name of our game. And you are doing a splendid job, Patrick! Not to imitate Dennis with eagle-eyes, Looking through your pictures, I saw a hole in the floor, looks like along a passageway. Will that be for some stairs or a possible exhaust funnel on Shadow?

Hi Brian

Many thanks!  The holes that you mentioned are for the spiral staircases leading from the bilge deck to the upper decks. They look a bit odd now, but hopefully once the stairs are in place, things will make more sense.  Well...that's the plan anyway!

All the best. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, captainbob said:

I'm wondering the same thing on my Mariefred, and it's three times larger in scale.

Bob

Hi Bob

I hear ya, brother!  Maybe we're both just gluttons for punishment?  LOL

All the best!

Cheers 

Patrick

The cabins are TINY. I'm really beginning to wonder just what I've gotten myself in for, because there's not a hell of a lot of detail that I can add in them

You could enlarge a few, make them more spacious as one would expect on a yacht this size (and probably value), and the remaining smaller ones change into walk in closets, and/or hidden compartments for illegal traffic ;):):D

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...