SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

Hi everyone

Well, my current project, Majellan, is nearing completion, but, I've been itching to get started on her BIG sister, 'Shadow'.

Shadow is based upon an actual mega-yacht called "Mary Jean II", which can be found at http://www.isayachts.com/ISA_60m_CLASSIC#60m.  

My model will, in my customary fashion, be fully detailed inside with all of her five decks reproduced (well...as much as realistically possible, of course).  Each deck will be fully removable in order to enable the interior to be viewed; in much the same way as Majellan's are.

Also, as you can see from one of the photos, Shadow looks like a giant compared to Majellan, even though Shadow's hull is only one inch longer, i.e. 8 inches, as opposed to 7 inches for Majellan's hull. 

In terms of Shadow's hull's construction, I will use the balsa mould of the hull as the base to bend the frames upon.  Once all the frames are bent, I'll the plank over the framework to create the hull...well...that's the plan, anyway.

I hope you can join me on Shadow's journey!!!! 

post-7645-0-52902700-1473166590_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-06063400-1473166597_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-66103100-1473166604_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-08253400-1473166611_thumb.jpg

New build? O yeah!

Hardly wait for first moves

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Count me in.  This looks to be another winner.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I'm in... I have my optivisor handy for another tiny masterpiece.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I'm in... I have my optivisor handy for another tiny masterpiece.

Hi Mark - Many thanks.  Welcome to Shadow's journey!

I ll be watching quietly from the back rows Patrick!

Hi Vaddoc - Welcome on board, too.  But, why wait from the back row?  There's a seat waiting for you at the front!

All the best, guys!

Cheers

Patrick

Ooooooh, yes!  Another beauty on the slipway and fully detailed too.  I'll expect that big dining table, dressed with porcelain flat ware and crystal goblets, armored warrior artwork, two runabouts, lots of chairs and umbrellas.  That'll keep you off the streets for a while Patrick.

Safe some room for me, okay?

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Ooooooh, yes!  Another beauty on the slipway and fully detailed too.  I'll expect that big dining table, dressed with porcelain flat ware and crystal goblets, armored warrior artwork, two runabouts, lots of chairs and umbrellas.  That'll keep you off the streets for a while Patrick.

Safe some room for me, okay?

Cheers,

Thanks Piet!!!  

I'm not sure that I can do the warrior artwork, but, I can sure do the chairs and umbrellas  :)!!!

Your seat's warmed and ready to go.

Cheers

Patrick 

G'day Patrick

shes look like a very interesting build.

I'll be in the front row as well. It's look like mate, your front row we reach from Perth to Sydney.

I hope that you will have fun doing it, because we will definitely have fun watching on.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Congrats to the recent keellaying party Patrick,

I`ll be watching "Shadow`s " ride, hope all is ready and well organized for the larger sister of "Majellan"

wish you all the best with the new build

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Vaddoc - Welcome on board, too.  But, why wait from the back row?  There's a seat waiting for you at the front!

Patrick, I am so busy this time that I need to be able to pop in and out to check things without blocking the view of the others!  :D

So another mind boggling miniature, I'll hang around and watch with the rest of them.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Count me in! I like the way she's shaping up already - the bow form and bulb looks good from what can be seen in the pictures.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

fantastic mini work you must have the patience of Job!

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Awesome, I'm in for the ride if you'll have me!   :cheers:

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Gawd almighty ... pfff ... why do I always have to catch up with you, Patrick. It's making me daft ... :huh: ... You're planning to raise your own bar ...!?!?!? You are a seriously sick person ... but I like to see you meet your own challenge ... and I know you'll manage ... I'll be looking over your shoulder ... [move over MarkT ;)]

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Count me in! I like the way she's shaping up already - the bow form and bulb looks good from what can be seen in the pictures.

Hi Ben - many thanks!  I learnt a lot from the lessons you gave me whilst I was shaping Majellan's hull.  Great advice and I'm glad that you reckon it looks okay.

Hope there's some seats left for me. Count me in too

Hi Jack -most definitely there's room available.  Welcome and take a seat!

fantastic mini work you must have the patience of Job!

Hi John

Thanks for your compliments!  I hope you can stick around and take a seat!  

Awesome, I'm in for the ride if you'll have me!   :cheers:

Hi Mike - you're most welcomed to sit and enjoy the ride!  

Gawd almighty ... pfff ... why do I always have to catch up with you, Patrick. It's making me daft ... :huh: ... You're planning to raise your own bar ...!?!?!? You are a seriously sick person ... but I like to see you meet your own challenge ... and I know you'll manage ... I'll be looking over your shoulder ... [move over MarkT ;)]

Hi Carl - many thanks!  What'd life be without a few challenges here and there!  Keeps life 'spicy'.  Please take a seat and enjoy the journey.

Have a great week everyone and thanks to everyone who hit the Like button.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks

Thanks to everyone for their Likes and comments! Greatly appreciated.

As you can see for the following photos, I've now been able to make some progress on Shadow's hull. This consisted of adding the longitudinal stringers and vertical frames onto the balsa plug, thus creating the framework of the hull. Once planked, I'll release the hull from the balsa plug, with the result being a nice strong hull...well, hopefully anyway.

Wish me luck!

All the best and enjoy your weekends.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-08403900-1473429893_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-84934000-1473429899_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-46100600-1473429907_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-69839400-1473429915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234