SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

14 hours ago, cog said:

Greg,

You need sometin' to keep up such a hughe investment ...

(sorry Patrick, I couldn't resist ... I'll retreat quietly into my little corner and shut up)

Hahah. Carl!

Loved it.  No probs.

PS. You can out of your corner now!😊

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks!

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments!

Well, she's getting there, albeit slowly.  It may not actually look like there's been a lot done since my last update, but a lot of the work has been devoted to building more cabins and a myriad of other fine measurements and trimming of bits and pieces here and there.

Anyhow, I thought you may like to see where she's at via the following photos.

Have a good week!

Cheers

Patrick

2017-03-28 21.59.44.jpg

2017-03-28 22.00.24.jpg

2017-03-28 22.01.20.jpg

2017-03-28 22.04.24.jpg

2017-03-28 22.06.03.jpg

2017-03-28 22.06.11.jpg

2017-03-28 22.08.30.jpg

she's looking really good Patrick....unique how it can be separated into the different levels.    very well done!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Incredible work Patrick , You sure have become a Mega Yacht Builder, Well done 

Best Regards, 

Pete 

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

I'm in awe, Patrick.   Gob-smacked as it were.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Most of us would stop with the outsides done as you have it now.  Well done.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Good night nurse!  Patrick...

Well done and all that detail in shucha small exploded version.  Great concept...fine execution.B)

Adding the furnishings will be something entirely.:P

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

G'day Patrick 

Bloody amazing results on the rooms layouts mate. Now the fun part starts......... can't wait!

havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

17 hours ago, pete48 said:

Incredible work Patrick , You sure have become a Mega Yacht Builder, Well done 

Best Regards, 

Pete 

15 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I'm in awe, Patrick.   Gob-smacked as it were.  

14 hours ago, captainbob said:

Most of us would stop with the outsides done as you have it now.  Well done.

Bob

11 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

Good night nurse!  Patrick...

Well done and all that detail in shucha small exploded version.  Great concept...fine execution.B)

Adding the furnishings will be something entirely.:P

Rob

4 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Patrick 

Bloody amazing results on the rooms layouts mate. Now the fun part starts......... can't wait!

havagooday 

Greg 

Thanks Pete, Mark Greg, Rob and Greg!

It's fantastic that you're enjoying Shadow's journey.  Lots of waters still to be crossed, but it's been calm and enjoyable so far.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

I hope you're all enjoying your weekends!

Woohoo!!!  I decided to take a break from doing the cabin layouts to work on the fitting out of the Main Saloon.  Although it's still early days, Shadow now has the main settees (albeit, minus their cushions, which will be added later), four small rectangular coffee tables on the blue floor mat, and the main dining room table, complete with 14 dining chairs.  

Lots of fun to go, folks!

I hope you enjoy the following photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-01 21.42.31.jpg

2017-04-01 21.42.43.jpg

2017-04-01 21.43.01.jpg

2017-04-01 21.43.34.jpg

2017-04-01 21.44.21.jpg

G'day Patrick 

Bloody incredible work mate. I would assume that you are using a mask- to stop your normal breathing to blow over those pins head size chairs! What a tedious job! 

That last photo with your hugh thumb says it all.

Oh don't forget to put some mags on the coffee tables, along with champaign classes and a bottle of bubbly, when you do the cushions. 

Outstanding work mate.

havagooday tomorrow 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Patrick....will you be modeling the lobster tail dinner served on the main dinning table?  And glasses full of wine?:huh::D

Rob(Do you wear magnifying glasses when you work?)

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Hi Folks!

Just a very quick update for you all.  I've added a bit more detail to the Main Saloon; namely the side cabinets and two small single armchairs that are situated at the rear of the saloon.  And...just to add a bit of life to the scene, I've deliberately placed the dining table chairs in a haphazard fashion, just to give the impression of the guests leaving the table in a hurry.  Maybe it was something they ate???

Also,if you look closely enough, in one of the photos you'll notice that I've added the individual placemats on the saloon table.

They're admittedly hard to see because they're so tiny, but trust me, they're there!

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-05 21.27.05.jpg

2017-04-05 21.27.13.jpg

2017-04-05 21.27.43.jpg

2017-04-05 21.42.04.jpg

Thanks Lawrence

I really appreciate your comments and thanks for catching up on Shadow's progress.

I must admit that, like you, I'm also amazed at just how tiny Shadow is in real life.  In fact, as I'm used to seeing her all day, I kinda take it for granted, until that is, I look at the photos of me holding her...and then I realise, yep, she's tiny!

Thanks for looking in and have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick

I say that all the time..... I'm short only 165cm / 5 foot 4.5 inches.

Havagoodweekend to you as well, mate.

Greg 

Thanks for the "fix".  After almost a week with no updates I was getting anxious.  Great detail work.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray