In the next few days I will get some pictutres posted of where I am at now.  I lost a hard drive about six months ago and so

also lost all of the pictures of my build.  I have the gun deck beams, knees, carlings and ledges in.  Also some deck

planking and furniture.  Right now I am planking the inner bulwarks.  Lets get this triton thread active.  Randy

Welcome back, Randy

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Welcome back Randy.  Excellent work and I'm hoping to see more.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...

Randy can you post pictures of your deadwood construction? I am most interested in the taper of this deadwood area The plans do not specify how much and what shape the taper should take. I see that you lost most of the pictures of your build but if you could of pictures of this area I would appriciate it.

Thanks Guy

Edited by the learner

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line

• 10 months later...

It has been over a year since i have posted on my build.  I will post some pictures of the current state of my build.  Work has kept me very busy.

I am working on the forecastle area of the Triton since that seems to me to be the easier than then the stern with all of quarter galliries and stern

windows.  I will add some pictures that show the hawse holes, quarterdeck timbers and catheads.

post-620-0-13648100-1397269179_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-60593000-1397269209_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-40597500-1397269248_thumb.jpg

Welcome back Randy. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures on your build.

Ron

Current Build: H.M.S. Triton Cross Section 1:48

Why is it that I always find out the best way to do something is after I have already done it the wrong way? - Me

Nice work.  I'm in awe.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Any suggestions are appreciated.

hello Randy! Any suggestions about what?! She is looking funtastic. The beams with its camber plus the knees and hanging knees make the set pretty sturdy and symetrical to me... I wouldn´t plank that part.

Keep going!

Daniel.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...