Chuck Seiler

Who is going to NRG 2016-San Diego?

74 posts in this topic

Druxey,

And I was going to have you sign my copy of your Hospital Barge book.  Darn.

Maury

mtaylor likes this

David's new Hospital Barge book will be displayed at the conference and a lucky drawing winner will go home with it.  Speakers Ken Foran and Douglas Brooks will be selling and signing their books during the conference.

Kurt

I'll be there again this year and looking forward to seeing everyone.

There will also be one other person from the Hyde Street Pier Model Shipwrights that I know of, plus about 4 people from the South Bay Model Shipwrights group. None of these people are members here though – not sure why not.

Just talked to Nic Damuck early in the week and learned that he will be manning a BlueJacket table there.

Clare

mtaylor, Chuck Seiler and trippwj like this

Vendors showing / selling their products will be;  BlueJacket, Ages of Sail, Model Craft Tools, Train Troll and Sherline,

mtaylor and catopower like this

Nice catch, Mary !  I didn't even notice that the year was wrong ! As a famous detective once said "you saw but you did not observe"

Canute, cog and mtaylor like this

Carl, the quote is from Sherlock Holmes (to his colleague Dr Watson) while explaining how he solved a case,  Watson says "Holmes, I did not see that". To which Holmes replies "Ah my dear Watson, you saw but you did not observe"  - read both volumes of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series while in High School - only part I still remember. ;)

Cuda1949, trippwj, Canute and 2 others like this

I've got the Hawaiian shirt but we decided to build a new house this year so no conference for me this time. Plan on going to the next one though! 

P.S. I have several Hawaiian shirts I would be happy to give to anyone who wants to take me along! :P

mtaylor and Canute like this

Only if the tie is marked for wear with a Hawaiian shirt.  Maybe a Jerry Garcia tie Hawaiian shirt combo would work.

Have to do some research into this.

Kurt

Canute, Jack12477, dgbot and 3 others like this

Please don't feel that a Hawaiian shirt is required - in fact I have taken flack from some who think the Chairman should wear a suit and tie - NOT going to happen.  But my term as Chairman will be up next year so I will attend after that as a Director in a Hawaiian shirt as I did before.

I retired in 1997 and have not worn a tie sinceStarted wearing the Hawaiian shirts to conferences in 2004 and I am usually all alone.

The attire for the banquet has been listed as business casual.  As long as you are comfortable and have fun all is well.  Dress comfortably.

Kurt

It's San Diego.  Shorts, T-shirt and flip flops is business casual.   :)

Ah.. the same as Seattle then?  Oh wait.. up there it's cargo shorts.

Jack12477, Canute, EJ_L and 1 other like this

Heck, that's been the attire around here for 2 decades except instead of Hawaiian shirts it's Tie-Dye'd shirts, shorts/cargo shorts and flip flops/sandals - the "real upscale" wear Birkenstocks instead of flip-flops  ;)  

But loved the Hawaiian shirt at NRG Mystic, Kurt ! :D

donrobinson, Canute, EJ_L and 1 other like this

Being my first NRG conference, I was impressed with what and who I saw, even though was only there for the one day. I especially personally enjoyed the presentation about working with brass. Am looking forward to attending others in the future.