trippwj

So what do you listen to while building?

Background sounds while building  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you listen to while building?

• Talk Radio
    • Country Music
    • Rock n Roll
    • Classical
    • Jazz
    • Swing
    • Hip Hop
    • Oldies
    • Television
    • Neighbors Arguing
    • Sound of Silience (nothing, that is)

Who is Pink Floyd.

Has he a build log on this forum?

And what kit is he building?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Sjors, he built a Saucerful of Secrets to (sail) fly to the Dark Side of the Moon :P  ;)

Dave :dancetl6:

Thank you David,

I have to see if I can find that log  :D  :D  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

I prefer classical music, but , it depends which music is actually on my phone ( using headset or small HD speaker)

I like all kinds of music (rock, classical, jazz, new stuff, old stuff...) so I find one station out of maybe 6 that have stuff I like and go with whatever they play. Sometimes the songs register and sometimes I hear none of it.

Half the time tho I enjoy the silence. Not to be called a sexist pig (although it wouldn't be the first time) but with a wife, 2 college age daughters, a female dog and a female bird... I like the silence of the shipyard ;)

I do not listen music while building, or build while listening to music.

If I sit to build, I build.

If I want to listen to music, I grab a glass of scotch or red wine, sit on a couch, close my eyes and 'listen' to the music... and nothing else.

Both activities are so engrossing to me that I can not mix them.

Edited by Ulises Victoria

I believe he may have hit a "Wall".

He swerved to miss the "Sheep"," Pigs", and "Dogs".

It would be easier to say what I don't listen to. My hobby area is the only place I DON'T have to listen to my wife or anything else for that  matter. In the words of an old song: There's a place that I can go to when I want to be alone; In my room, in my room. I have two locks on the door, one on the outside, one on the inside.

It depends on what I am doing.Everyday modeling I listen to television and music.When trying to concentrate,nothing.

I mostly listen to classic rock, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin...  Lately though, I have been listening to the Victory at Sea soundtracks.  Every so often I get into that mode and I'll listen to it for hours on end.

All I have to say is

Pandora!!

As for what station that depends on what im doing and my mood it could be anything from Phantom of the Opera to new age or old school Hip Hop.

I have yet to find anything that makes planking go any faster ;)

High frequency hearing loss because of gun fire and heavy equipment, most music is unpleasant noise to me if there is any noise within hearing. Being hard of hearing is entertaining, amazing what you think people say, often better entertainment than what they really did say.

jud

I'm with Len. I have Sirius XM Radio on all the time when I'm hobbying. I have it set up so that my boom box is tuned in to the frequency put out by the receiver and so can listen in any room in the house that has a radio!

Hours and hours of commercial free music and dozens of channels with dozens of music genres. A must have for music afficienados!

Peter

Streaming live radio from all around the world, country depending on mood.

I like the public radio stations as they are commercial free. There is an amazing selection out there. Aussie Radio is fun to listen to.

It depends what I am doing in my dockyard.

Milling and seawing is already loud. Therefore Iam working with earprotection. No music!!!!!!! No additionel noise!

And than it depends of my mood. Maybe Jazz, maybe Blues, maybe classic.

And sometimes, when there are difficult things to do, fx. carveing, it must be quiet. 

Regards Hartmut

My plan (once I pick up my Caldercraft HMS Convulsion and HMS Snake kits) is to continue listening to all 21 audio books of Patrick O'Brian's Jack Aubrey and Stephen Machurin series (Master and Commander, Post Captain, HMS Surprise, etc.).  My hope that the nautical content of the books will enhance my appreciation of the kits I am assembling.  Unfortunately, I am discovering that O'Brian's books are surprisingly easy to tune out whereas Henning Mankell's Wallander books are not.

I have a Sonos unit in my shop. I can choose any playlists or combination of playlists from my iTunes library. I control it from my iPad and am good to go with whatever my mood is  - or nothing at all which is about half the time. Sometimes it is good that no one can see me jammin to some of the classic Rock and Roll while I am building!

In the UK we have BBC Radio 4 which is fantastic for science, current affairs, historical, and other programmes including some superb plays and adaptations of novels. I'm not sure other countries have this because it's funded by licence money we all have to pay. But it's good and you can pick and choose what you like.

Dr Hook....Led Zeppelin.....The Men They Couldn't Hang.......some folk that doesn't go on and on and on about hardship and lost love etc...Have discovered an American country singer called Brad Paisley who's music makes me laugh......quite like humour in music.....also trying to like and understand classical music but think I must be too common as its not working. I like most Scottish bands such as Runrig and Wolfstone.....the latter who's music we use in our website gardening videos.

Music is so very personal to the individual, what I don't like is presenters/DJs that go twaddling on with complete flatulent drivel between the songs.