Hello from Ohio

rdianetti

Hello - I'm trying to get restarted in the hobby.  Started a boat in 2012 and made a few mistakes and it now sits on the shelf incomplete.  I'm going to try to finish it anyhow, noting that it is not going to be "perfect" in hopes to learn how to rig it.  

After that I am going to attempt my Phantom for which I have a great practicum, and also a little tugboat.  Hope to learn more from this site and maybe even make a few acquaintences.

Bob Dianetti

Hi Bob... from a former Buckeye.

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW Bob! Glad you came back to give model ship building another go. We all have those projects that were stopped for one reason or another and yes a lot of times it was because something got messed up. No shame in that especially when you try again! You have found a great place to learn and hopefully work through those tough spots so you don't have to give up again. Best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing your build!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Hello Bob

I am a member of the club located in Columbus, Ohio called Shipwrights of central Ohio, We meet the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Westerville Public Library from 9-11:30. We have around 25 members which varies from 8-12 members show up to a meeting. We have members from all around Ohio. Our president name is Bill Nyberg, email is shipwrigh   at   wowway.com. Please visit our sight and drop a line and we will pull you in.

Lee Kimmins

lkimmin  at  Columbus.rr.com

Welcome Bob, enjoy yourself here at this great forum. Please start a build log we would love to follow along and help out out if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

Greetings from Zoar Ohio in Tuscarawas County. Welcome aboard.  What part of Ohio are you in?

I have to second Lee's invitation to join the Shipwrights of Central Ohio.  I just did.  I have not been able to attend any of the monthly meetings, but the newsletter is first rate.

You found the right forum. I am currently up to my eyeballs on the running rigging on the Niagara, and could not have figured it out without the gracious help from the experts on this forum.

Welcome aboard Bob,

This is a great place to learn and share tips and techniques.

When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.

If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modeling.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Welcome aboard mate! Don't worry about your ship being perfect. There is no such thing. If you are satisfied then it is good. Start a build log and display your work. We all do that here. You can help us and we you. This site is noted for positive feedback and not being critical.

Vince P. :dancetl6:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey, Bob.   Welcome from Dayton. Don't be discouraged about your efforts. This is a relaxing, learning hobby where there are lots of great supporters and is a rewarding creative outlet for us all. Please share your progress and use the extensive forums for helpful advice. 

What part of Ohio are Ya from? Only 2 of us in Dayton to my knowledge.  But a big group of members in Columbus.  

Welcome again.  

Current build: Great Harry, restoration 

On hold: Soliel Royale, Mantua

Completed:

Bluenose ll, Artesania Latina

San Francisco llArtesania Latina

Chris Craft barrel back triple cockpit, Dumas

Chris Craft 1940 double cockpit, Dumas

Santa Maria, Artesania Latina

1901 Scow Schooner, scratch built

Hannah, Continental Navy, scratch built 

Candelaria bomb ship, OcCre

Pride of Baltimore, Model Shipways

17 foot Chesapeake kayak (2, one scratch), Midwest

USN Picket Boat #1, Model Shipways

Kobuksan, Turtle Korean ironclad, YoungModeler

HMS Revenge, scratch

NY Pilot Boat, kit bashed, Model Shipways

USS Monitor, scratch

Nuestra Senora de Afortunado, 1926 Popular Science plan, Resoration

Martha, CBMM,

Puddle Jumper, scratch stern wheeler

Lady Sarah, kit bashed Constructo Victorian launch

Make that 3 Boxnotes.  I was born and raised in Dayton. ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello, Mark.Oregon is a far piece from Dayton. when ya moving back? We could use some more experience locally.

Current build: Great Harry, restoration 

On hold: Soliel Royale, Mantua

Completed:

Bluenose ll, Artesania Latina

San Francisco llArtesania Latina

Chris Craft barrel back triple cockpit, Dumas

Chris Craft 1940 double cockpit, Dumas

Santa Maria, Artesania Latina

1901 Scow Schooner, scratch built

Hannah, Continental Navy, scratch built 

Candelaria bomb ship, OcCre

Pride of Baltimore, Model Shipways

17 foot Chesapeake kayak (2, one scratch), Midwest

USN Picket Boat #1, Model Shipways

Kobuksan, Turtle Korean ironclad, YoungModeler

HMS Revenge, scratch

NY Pilot Boat, kit bashed, Model Shipways

USS Monitor, scratch

Nuestra Senora de Afortunado, 1926 Popular Science plan, Resoration

Martha, CBMM,

Puddle Jumper, scratch stern wheeler

Lady Sarah, kit bashed Constructo Victorian launch

I don't plan on it... I'm loving where I a

11 hours ago, Boxnotes said:

Hello, Mark.Oregon is a far piece from Dayton. when ya moving back? We could use some more experience locally.

I'm staying put... I love it where I'm at. :rolleyes:

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: