Yacht Jolie Brise and Lighthouse Fastnet Rock by IgorSky – BOTTLE – Scale 1/3000 - Finished

Hi everyones!

First of all I want to thank to Piet. His miniature diorama in some way inspired me to this mini project.

From time to time I have a desire to try their skills in the direction of further miniaturization of shipbuilding in bottles. Here, a short history of one of these small projects.
The flask with strange shapes, reminiscent of a heart with an asymmetrical arrangement of the neck, lying in a drawer of my desk for a long time, but I did not have any specific ideas for using it as a receptacle for the construction of a model in a bottle ... And then ... As always, the idea came unexpectedly - sea, rock, lighthouse, boat.
On this photo this flask is in the center

post-17539-0-87661000-1477468765_thumb.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

Choosing a boat and lighthouse prototypes came somehow by itself - I like this combination in a long time and I even tried to draw them.

So, I started this project with the building of boat. Based on the size of the interior space, the scale is around 1/3000.

I started to build a boat in almost the same technology as the rest of my models. First I made the deck from several small strips of pear, which I previously whittle away with sandpaper to 0.3 mm. The deck is also the basis for the above-water part of the body. Then I glued the boards of black hornbeam.

post-17539-0-92916900-1477469654_thumb.jpg

I made the sea from two-component colorized silicone. This was my first attempt to use this material. I poured a few drops of the mixture in the bottle and after a few hours, when the mixture was a little dry, I put the hull of the boat in the sea.

post-17539-0-33750300-1477477574_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-96754300-1477477581_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-62851400-1477477590_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-07598100-1477477597_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-36473900-1477477602_thumb.jpg

sweet, sweet, Igor,

what was first, the shaped bottle (flacon), or the idea to find a mini bottle that fits a lighthouse ?

super work !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Well, Igor...just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any smaller, you come up with this teeny tiny beauty!!! 

A little masterpiece! 

Well done. 

Cheers 

Patrick

Many thanks, Patrick!

Each time, I also think that I has reached the limit... But then it turns out that we can go a bit further :)

What great use of an odd shaped bottle.  Your diorama is lovely. 

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Unbelievable, Igor.  Your work is amazing.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Many thanks all who was enjoying this mini-project!

Subject of miniaturization long been interested in me. And gradually I am moving in this direction.

In the course of this project I had some new ideas that I will check later.

However, already a need to find other materials and other tools, other methods.

Thank you for your feedback, the words of encouragement and your interest!

Best Regards!

Igor.

Another masterpiece.  Well done Igor!  Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 2 weeks later...

Igor you are insane ;) What an amazing way to capture a sense of drama. The boat passing the lighthouse rocks nearby a shift in the wind all was ok.

Wonderful piece of modelwork.

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.