I found this video on the internet this afternoon,it runs for just over 20 minutes. The video quality is not of the best unfortunately but is worth a look here :-                        www.nshof.org/index.php?option=com_contents&view=article&id=447   Don't think it's been on here before.

Some nice "shuftiscope" pics of a models interior.

Dave :dancetl6:

Edited by davyboy
Mike Y, jud, Ryland Craze and 1 other like this

That's it Jack. Thanks

You can trust the Swiss with your money, links are not interesting enough I presume ;)

Edited by cog
thibaultron, davyboy and mtaylor like this

Sorry lads,I'm really computer illiterate spent all my working life with nuts,bolts,rivets etc etc :P  :D Funnily enough when I google the above address it takes me straight there.

Thanks Jack :)

Carl,I'm not Swiss,I'm as Scottish as Rabbie Burns. Hoots mon and och aye the noo :D :D

Dave :dancetl6:

jud, Mike Y, AntonyUK and 3 others like this

Ah see ah mist apologise

Dave,

I know, but taking the mickey out of someone/-thing is a nicd pastime. But tell me laddy, didnea ye git a wee bit lost oan yer wey hame ..?

Jack12477, mtaylor, druxey and 2 others like this

So, in summery, be born to great oil wealth, get others to run the parochial aspects of life for you, become a 'country gentleman', join the guard, go to war, and of course bring your check book with you, be there cash in hand when the hungry victors need to sell off their cool stuff, display your hundreds of new ship models in a private museum in 'one of your country estates', and then bequeath them to the Naval Academy. Sounds easy enough.

All right collectors, let's get started ... :)

Edited by uss frolick
dvm27, druxey, davyboy and 2 others like this

While on the subject of collections, I would like to see the Crabtree collection someday. I have an old VHS video but would still like to see it in person.  

dvm27 and mtaylor like this

I agree. The Crabtree collection is a treasure but, for budgetary reasons, has never been properly photographed. The museum did put out two publications plus an excellent book on Crabtree, the man, but sadly minimal photos accompanied the test.

mtaylor likes this