HMS Bounty by Steve 12345 - FINISHED - Billing Boats - 1:50

Hello all and welcome back to my penultimate post on HMS Bounty

another milestone reached is completion of the running rigging  I thank you guys for the suggestions on the stay line distortion issue I had

I stiffened the line with the white glue and water mix and played about and redone the lines several times Im know going to conclude I believe some distortion is normal maybe not so much on the real ship but it is just rope and any pulling on it at all will of course distort it so I think I can live with that .

We still ofcourse haven't reached completion there still remains my achilles heal on this ship, the ships boat and rope coils

DSC01288.jpg.65695ece94e156cc8f3ef2a9fabf33a1.jpgDSC01289.jpg.b4a4def9617ea3e1e2bd94c4e05f23ee.jpgDSC01290.jpg.242a54c3f45ba5d2d2916c9f22d90311.jpgDSC01291.jpg.08903c14545ac12f297e16f5f8024fe7.jpgDSC01292.jpg.964f7c23deda1045be6a810a970ba4b2.jpgDSC01293.jpg.4730609bfa0e2455c644a90639a419c2.jpgDSC01294.jpg.9efe67896d8bebeb17d170cb7c274345.jpgDSC01295.jpg.fd7056cb7eefd91eec0ceb6d440620c2.jpgDSC01296.jpg.71091f79d56cda6a135167ae62b97bf4.jpgDSC01297.jpg.224018e7b9055f672c6979a9acfb3510.jpgDSC01298.jpg.fe49c382da491db87265113474222cd6.jpgDSC01299.jpg.571fc93736e44fddda33ac8b7e3752c1.jpgDSC01301.jpg.26a58735fe19fb6411800e03701d6473.jpg

with completion of the running rigging I am now going to let myself begin the rc aeroplane build

but your can be dam sure ill be back with a ships boat and rope coils to claim my sought after FINISHED badge in the title

so with some sadness the shipyard is deconstructed and now converted to a hangar

DSC01303.jpg.aebe0d45209420fbbf737f3e6ba42352.jpgDSC01302.jpg.f11cc36c2b3837a5e094852f912bf9fd.jpg

until then thanks guys for viewing liking and commenting

steve

DSC01305.jpg.d997a5ad30c5a48412bb4ecd5358a5b8.jpg

Hi Steve, many thanks for your posts and as I've said before, I've picked up a number of very useful ideas and suggestions when looking at your superb work....will make my Norfolk build much easier and hopefully look as professional as yours. I look forward to seeing your "finished" Bounty and all the best on your r c build. :cheers:

Cheers.............Fernando

Current Builds - Colonial Brig Perseverance 1807 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - 1:48 scale

Previous Builds - 

S Lucia by Fernando E - Panart - Scale 1:30

Sloop Norfolk 1798 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - Scale 1:36 

Fantastic work Steve and congratulations on a superb job . It may be finished but it will always my go to point of reference for my own build, thank you. 

Cheers

Nigel

Current Build - HMS Victory, Caldercraft - scale  1:64,  started September 2021

Cutty Sark, Constructo - scale 1:115, finished August 2021

HMS Bounty, Constructo - Scale 1:50 - First wooden kit build, finished April 2019

yea,  it's really tough to get away with no deflection in the rigging........you have a bisecting line pulling on another......veery well done!   she's looking great Steve...you really got her to a point to be proud of ;)    love that picture of dusk......superb highlights :) 

you know you want to get into that plane.......don't you?!?!?! :D  :D   do you have a log on it yet?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Nice work Steve.  You're gonna love building and flying that cub. Friends of mine built it years ago and it was really fun to watch flying around low and slow.

PS get the set of floats for it,even better.

Bill, in Idaho

Completed Mamoli Halifax and Billings Viking ship in 2015

Next  Model Shipways Syren

Nice job Steve.  BTW, your shop is way too neat and tidy.

Derek

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea  

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Current Builds

Bluenose - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

Fair American - Model Shipways - 1:48 Scale

HMS Winchelsea 1764 - Group Build

On Deck

Guns of History Naval Smoothbore Deck Gun - 1:24 Scale

Finished Builds

Mare Nostrum - Artesania Latina - 1:35 Scale

Guns of History Carronade - Model Shipways - 1:24 Scale

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 2 months later...

Hi Chap,

Yup, would be good to have a "Look-See."

You might have to put in "Shore Leave."

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

A agree with HOF. :)

Also a nice way to stay involved on the forum...until your next ship build.

Robin

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

Good to hear from you Steve and I hope all is well with you.  You'll be pleased to know that your Bounty build is still my go to reference point for my build.  All the best with the RC Plane and yes I would love to see some photos as well.

Cheers

Nigel

Current Build - HMS Victory, Caldercraft - scale  1:64,  started September 2021

Cutty Sark, Constructo - scale 1:115, finished August 2021

HMS Bounty, Constructo - Scale 1:50 - First wooden kit build, finished April 2019

I thought that was the plan???   good to hear your doing well :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

• 1 month later...

WOW what a beautiful build Steve. It is truly inspiring. I am in the middle of building the Oseberg ship and have already purchased the Bounty launch to get my feet wet in POF building. And just started the book buy Caroline Alexander  on the Bounty. My thoughts are now moving to this kit! Great job Sir.

looking forward in seeing your progress on your plane Steve.........no pictures yet?   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, popeye the sailor said:

looking forward in seeing your progress on your plane Steve.........no pictures yet?   

Hi Popeye just logged back in first time in ages , this rc plane thing has completely taken over got four of them now on the go joined a club and really enjoying it I will get something together soon in shore leave and hope to return eventually with another ship build 

STEVE!!!   good to hear from you!  HA.......caught the bug eh?!?!?  I build the Guillows planes...got back into it after what seems like an eternity......I'm building a Fokker Dr 1 - 1:14 scale.  I'm afraid to show the admiral how big it is......it's got a 20 inch wingspan.   glad to hear your having fun with it......hope you post some pictures,  and I'd take a front row to see another great ship build.  keep me informed  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

20" wing span lol can't wait to show you pics of this quarter scale cub I've had to change vehicles from a nice sports car to a boring estate car just to take the bad boy to the flying field ,that's how committed I've became to my new hobby 

• 6 months later...

....got to go take a look..........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Marking this one as complete can't see me adding to it in the future thanks all for following I hope it has helped looking forward to my next ship build all you guys have helped a lot with your suggestions and encouragement 

many thanks

steve

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I made a Billing Boats HMS Bounty way back in the late 70s. It has stood in pride of place ever since.

Unfortunately, l have never enclosed it in a case, so it looks a bit tired now.

The time has come for me to find a new home for it.

Can you advise me if there is a market for these Boats, & if so, who will have them?

Steve.