HMS Bounty by Steve 12345 - FINISHED - Billing Boats - 1:50

thanks harry looks more like a big toy than a model ship to me at the minute but I felt that way about my victory before I started addeing detail

I think after this it will be bare wood effect models for me

Edited by Steve 12345

thank you silkjc im relatively new to ship models ive been using vallego airbrush paint not nescarilly always using an airbrush I thank you for your imput and im open to all suggestions ,im not keen on the realistic wealtherd  affect but do feel the derection ive gone so far is a bit (toy like)

Hi Chap,

Doesn't look like a "Big Toy" in the slightest.

The Colour is something that you could leave off but I think that it enhances the build.

Once you have Masts/Rigging in place, it will all come into "Perspective."

I really think the colour will enhance things.

(If your worried about "Bright" Colours, just imagine that it's just come out of the "Slipway.")

The Hull looks awesome, as do the Decks/Bulwarks.

It's a really nice build, don't doubt yourself!!

(My two cents worth....)

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

No comparison - the new ones are so much nicer!

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Looks beautifully done. The new stern gallery windows look heaps better. You will see after time that the colour will grow on you. It looks good and neatly painted. Well done.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Looking good Steve

Derek

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea  

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Current Builds

Bluenose - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

Fair American - Model Shipways - 1:48 Scale

HMS Winchelsea 1764 - Group Build

On Deck

Guns of History Naval Smoothbore Deck Gun - 1:24 Scale

Finished Builds

Mare Nostrum - Artesania Latina - 1:35 Scale

Guns of History Carronade - Model Shipways - 1:24 Scale

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

She sure is looking good. I'm enjoying seeing all the color on her. Very sharp! 

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Great job with the flag locker. How do you like your saw?  I see it cuts pretty accurately.

Derek

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea  

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Current Builds

Bluenose - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

Fair American - Model Shipways - 1:48 Scale

HMS Winchelsea 1764 - Group Build

On Deck

Guns of History Naval Smoothbore Deck Gun - 1:24 Scale

Finished Builds

Mare Nostrum - Artesania Latina - 1:35 Scale

Guns of History Carronade - Model Shipways - 1:24 Scale

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

flag locker complete I put together one of the plastic canons to see what they look like I think they are not very pleasing to the eye ,I have ordered some caldercraft canans there was a few different sizes I went for 38 mm but fear this may be to big if 38mm is the carriage only size as mine are around 38mm from back of carriage to tip of barrel time will tell also I noticed the canons I ordered are replica 9 pounders and after checking john McKay book (something I should have done first )I see bounty carried 4 pounders .

I will build them when they arrive and show the results I may need to order more and im sure they will keep for a another project.

any of you guys with a local model shop selling this stuff that you can just walk in and browse first are extremely luckyDSC00707.jpg.224c9287d60e2685e104d102339b4b72.jpgDSC00708.jpg.04bc2ce5ea595f1da6ba1cad6a2cec95.jpgDSC00709.jpg.71dc380d39ec071f9432c15bae8bcbbf.jpgDSC00710.jpg.4eaf9b8c9474817ef28ea4d751773506.jpg

Hi Chap,

Locker/Tiller looks great!!

My view is that the colour enhances the build.

Agree with the comment about just "Browsing" in the Model Shop, same in NZ.... :(

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

A/L Sanson

Great flag locker Steve. I went the same route on my own Bounty. Funny that Billing does not include this feature in the kit. Oh well, nice save!

I remember using the cannons as supplied by the kit, as I didn't know any better, and they did turn out ok, with some paint and rigging. I went with buff coloured carriages, again because I didn't know any better... 

Anyhoo, hope you're satisfied with the replacements. I've been following your build from the wings and reliving my own time taking on this kit. Thanks for all the photos.

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

Hi Chap,

Just have to terminate/Belay the Running Rigging, Belaying Pins and some "Skeins" of Running stuff, then it will be complete.

Hoping for this weekend as Fractured Ribs precluded the completion last weekend. :(

I can then build the Cabinet and start de-constructing Sanson for it's re-build.

(Sorry about the "Verbose" reply when "Not yet" would have sufficed.... :))

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

A/L Sanson

Thanks Chap,

It's not the Ribs, Par-se but wot the pain killers do.

(Feels like I'm a "Space Cadet." :()

So, best not to touch the Model.

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

A/L Sanson

these goodies arrived in the post today replacement canons that I can stain ,anybody that works with plastic could prob make the kit provided ones work fine but with my limited knowledge of plastic or painting there not for me.

I also got some ladders and gratings and lanterns

I have been tidying up the transom area ready for my scratch built decorations and doing some painting to the figurehead

and finaly I have mocked up one of the canons for comparisonDSC00714.jpg.7c9b47448bfe769e906d5d35bd10aaba.jpgDSC00715.jpg.1da882410dc7c09bc7073a95f08a612f.jpgDSC00716.jpg.a95ab087476bfd23d60cf827acfd05d1.jpgDSC00717.jpg.bc76fa23a2f7d307160f8cfd7c268571.jpgDSC00718.jpg.2041f25fe417c682660e49a9f30fec1c.jpgDSC00719.jpg.94e18b5fbff2c46b2aa7e0c7be8736e4.jpgDSC00720.jpg.79a440f8aa688a65d5add073ec10b681.jpgDSC00721.jpg.fada09a0349eda87d35a2820973c5ffe.jpgDSC00722.jpg.2ac1dedb60902e742700fae4f46c87d6.jpgDSC00723.jpg.a794f6987e09323919eeeee526148306.jpgDSC00725.jpg.27e9e71a327899cf0d43fa200f701284.jpgDSC00726.jpg.43030418bedcef8c19567085d586f80c.jpg

Looking good!!

The Figurehead sets things off nicely.

The Cannons are slightly larger than the Kit supplied versions but I do not think that these detract from the overall model.

(If your like me, I don' particularly like Plastic on my "Wooden" Ship either.... :()

(Did you order direct from Calderdraft?)

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

A/L Sanson

Hi Harry thanks for the reassurance on the canons im not to concerned about things being completely historically correct as long as its recognisable as a canon and looks nice .

Ive been ordering stuff from cornwall model ships, so far the ship is a bit of a Frankenstein there is caldercraft mantua and amati parts on there