Had an email forwarded to me from a nautical friend, The Ship Model Society of New Jersey is having a one day SHIP MODEL exhibit at the National Light House Museum. I will cut and past the text of the email I received here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ship Model Society of New Jersey is dedicated to the pursuit and enjoyment of ship model building in all its forms. We are pleased to have them present an exhibit of ship models for one day only, Saturday, November 19th11:00 am to 4:00pm. Their members will demonstrate the building of a small model ship and will also be available for conducting appraisals for repairs of ship models that you may own. Their membership spans all skill levels, from neophyte to highly the accomplished and a wide range of interests, from gadget guru to historical re-creator.
We invite you to join us for this special event and to see these amazingly accurate creations.
Museum admission is $5 for adults, $4 for Seniors and Military, $3 for students and children under 8 years old are free. Of course, National Lighthouse Museum members always enjoy free admission.
National Lighthouse Museum | 200 The Promenade at Lighthouse Point| Staten Island, NY 10301 |718-390-0040| info@lighthousemuseum.org| www.lighthousemuseum.org
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not yet visited the Museum but I do know that it is a stones throw from the Staten Island Ferry station on the island and is a very short walk from where the ferry leaves you off.
Edited by JerseyCity Frankie
Ryland Craze, mtaylor, Chuck and 1 other like this

Rick Spilman from the Old Salt Blog had a special post on this event. Looks like it should be a good time. Frankie ... are you displaying any of your models?

Jeff

mtaylor likes this