Please Welcome "Wood Project Source" as a new sponsor of MSW

woodsource.jpg

Please welcome and thank Wood Project Source for becoming a sponsor of Model Ship World.  WPS supplies milled wood sheets and strips along with carving blocks for many hobbies.  Their specialty is Alaskan Yellow Cedar Sheets and Carving Blocks.  Other species like Yellow Heart, Purple heart, Butternut, Applewood, Dogwood and Mahogany are soon to follow.

They also carry the staples for our hobby like Boxwood, Swiss Pear and others.  They are just finishing up their new website so please have some patience with them as they continue adding more wood species and products to their online store.  They have many more than I listed.

I have personally bought from them many times as they are close by and I gotten to know the owner.  I have bought some Yellow Cedar and Boxwood from them and will say that I am very happy with the quality of the wood.  They have fantastic prices and they are the lowest I have seen for some wood sheets.

Please join me in welcoming them as a sponsor of MSW.

Visit their site and check them out.  I am grateful they decided to become a sponsor and didnt hesitate after I asked them about it.

www.woodprojectsource.com

Welcome and Thanks for your support

Welcome.  Thank you for your support.

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Hello. And thank you for supporting our forum.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Welcome to MSW and Thanks for your support.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Indeed, a big welcome and bigger thank you for supporting the site! I am looking forward to seeing your products and hope to do some business in the near future!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Welcome.  It's good to see another wood supplier.  Just out of curiosity, what city/state is Wood Project Source located?

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik W

They are in central New Jersey.   They dont have a physical store.  He is a member of the a tree commission or conservany or something and gets a lot of his wood from those operations.  For example, after Hurricane Sandy he collected a ton of Dogwood, Cherry, and Pear and apple...from fallen trees.  Also has dealings with the local tree farmers and orchards.   

Chuck

For us an invaluable source, therefore, a warm welcome to MSW and many thanks for the support of your company to this great site.

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Cherry and Maple sheets and milled strips are now available.

I know this because I am building his site for him.....I bartered for wood.  He isnt the kind of guy to build his own so I am taking care of it for him and you probably notice the similarity to my own.   Anyway....as he gives me new updated wood info and availability I will add them to the WPS website and let you guys know.   

I hope you give them a try.

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You very much for the well-wishes and welcome.   Chuck is showing me around the site tonight.  Thanks to each one of you who have placed an order through my website recently.  Hope I dont screw things up too badly here.  He tells me I cant really break anything on Model Ship World so here it goes.

I would like to let all of you know that I just added two more woods to my site which are now available for ordering.   I now carry Purpleheart and Mahogany.  I will be adding many more as time goes by.  So please visit my site often.  If you need any wood I have not yet added to my store just send me an email.

I would also like to extend a Holiday discount to all of fine people on MSW.  Please take 10% off any order from now until the end of December.  Use the coupon Code MSWWPS10 at checkout to get your ten percent discount.

www.woodprojectsource.com

Thank You very much again for the welcome.  :)

I look forward to getting to know you guys.  If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to contact me at woodprojectsource@gmail.com

Roman

Edited by WoodProjectSource

Roman,

When will boxwood and alaskan cedar blocks be available.

Wish you well on your endeavor! 

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

I am not sure when I will have a chance to add them to my site. Or more accurately, when Chuck can add them to the site for me.  If you don't see something listed, the best thing to do would be to email what you are looking for.  Send me an email with the size blocks you are looking for and I will check what I have on the shelf.  If I have to cut the carving blocks for you that you need, that wouldn't be a problem either.  My email address is woodprojectsource@gmail.com

Thanks

Roman

I just finished laser cutting the Yellow cedar he dropped off yesterday.  The Alaskan Yellow Cedar is such a wonderful wood to laser cut.  The parts are for a second barge I am building which will be made entirely out of the yellow cedar.  I hope to have pictures real soon but I am really enjoying working with it.

yellowcedar.jpg

If you are looking for a light golden/yellow wood that is easy to work with I do recommend you give the yellow cedar a try.   The top board has some Wipe on Poly on the end.    It makes teh color come out nicely. I should have the planking done this weekend so you guys could have a better look at teh stuff as part of a model.  :)

Chuck

Hi Roman. Many thanks for supporting our forum. I wish you much success!

Jim L

What we ever hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence. - Samuel Johnson

On the Building Ways:                           Launched:                                                 Contracts Signed:                    Member:

The Nautical Research Guild

The US Naval Institute

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the well-wishes and welcome.  This is just a reminder that today is the last day to take an additional 10% off any order from now until the end of the year.  Use the coupon Code MSWWPS10 at checkout to get your ten percent discount off of our regular low price.  

You will find our regular prices for A Grade clear boxwood and swiss pear the lowest on the web for sheet sizes and strips in the sizes shown.   

Happy New Year to all of you  :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic 

Roman

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to post a quick update that METRIC sizes are now available for Swiss Pear and Boxwood sheets.  The sheets are still 3" x 24"  long (7.5 x 60.5 cm) and you can select your metric thickness to configure your price.  I think you will be very pleased with our product and our prices.  We will be updating our other woods with metric sizes very soon.

1mm thick - $11

1.5mm thick -$11

2mm thick -$12

3mm thick -$13

4mm thick -$15

5mm thick -$17

6mm thick -$18

7mm thick -$19

Visit our online store at www.woodprojectsource.com

Thank you for your business and if you have any questions please email me at woodprojectsource@gmail.com

Roman

• 4 weeks later...

I got to ask.. Roman.. are you ok?  

I'm curious but not frantic yet. I ordered last Wednesday, sent a follow up email about a mistake on my order.  I've heard nothing back yet except the receipt for my order and from Paypal on the payment being made?  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I haven't made my voice heard, but a very warm welcome to MSW and thank you Roman at WPS for sponsoring us.

Nice to see you also carrying metric too.

It will certainly help.

Looking forward to place an order with you.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 4 months later...

I wanted to let everyone know that I just got a fresh batch of Boxwood delivered and it looks like really nice stuff.  I also have a bunch of new Cherry and Maple ready for milling.   Just in time for your summer modelling projects.

Nice looking stuff!!!

woodprojectsourceboxwood.thumb.jpg.5e356f113b9d987513407c0e86634e42.jpg

Thanks to all of you have placed an order for our wood.   Dont hesitate to contact me through my website if you have any questions or would like any wood that may not be listed on our site yet.

HAPPY MODELLING!!!:)

Visit our site at www.woodprojectsource.com 

Roman