ARGHH! Plans needed for Mortar Vessel Convulsion UPDATED

bigcreekdad

My mizzen mast has broken below the trestle tree. I had to remove the whole mast, which necessitated cutting away a ton of rigging. Stupidly, I threw away the plans after completion (BIG lesson learned there). I will be doing a lot of rebuilding here.

Are there any builders of this kit in the USA who still have their plans? If so, would you be willing to ship them to me? I will copy and ship back right away, and pay all expenses.

Otherwise I will contact Caldercraft and purchase a new set.

Thanks Mates.

Update...heard from Jotika today. Plans available at very reasonable price.

Edited by bigcreekdad

Do a search from the main page and see who is or has built it and contact them.  It's possible they haven't seen this post.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

big creek'

Don't scrap it I had a cat knock over my HMS Vic breaking main top mast, When moving it around I broke off the bowsprit,  I then broke off the upper most tops of all three masts at different times. which I had to cutaway rigging and redo. I was not happy with the ratlines and cut them all out and replaced. It would have been easy to toss it, this was hours and hours of work.

I could have done two builds of smaller ships for the amount of time. Upside was do you really want to toss it I think you will be proud of your patience to refit, and you will never wonder what if  if you send it to Davey Jones Locker

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

• 2 weeks later...

I still have plans and can scan the relevant pages to A4. Hopefully without breaching copyright

Norman

Norman

Current build Trumpeter Arizona 1:200 with White Ensign PE and a Nautilus Wooden Deck.

Built Caldercraft Convulsion, HM Brig Badger and HMS Snake.

Awaiting - Zvelda HMS Dreadnought planning to get the Pontos Deck and PE Upgrades, Panart 1:23 Gun deck model and couple of the cannon kits Manatu - French siege mortar, and American coastal cannon.

I'm curious does anyone have an image of the admiralty plans for the Convulsion class? Can't find it on the greenwich site would be interesting to study. Good luck with your search my advice is call them rather than email.

Build on hold: HM Sultana 1/64th scale

Current Build: 31 ton Doughty revenue cutter as USRC Active 1/64th scale (in progress)

Future Interests: Ballahoo, Diligence, Halifax and beyond...