Cutty Sark by Marter1229 - FINISHED - Constructo - old kit revived

After 15+ years of storage in a plastic bag, I am going to try and continue with this Constructo Cutty Sark.

I, do have some full size plans, but no written instructions.

First picture is freshly in covered.

Second with some repairs.

Third showing some really brittle fittings, what are they called?

Fourth is more work done.

I am not hopping for a scale build, but just getting it to look like a ship!

Terry

post-26985-0-66545600-1480733360.jpg

post-26985-0-56548200-1480733378.jpg

post-26985-0-37777300-1480733384.jpg

post-26985-0-46659200-1480733390.jpg

Looks like you have a great start on her, and she is defiantly worthy of finishing. Sorry I can't help with the "brittle" parts they maybe some sort of kevel or boom support possibly, hopefully someone with more Cutty Sark knowledge than I will have an answer for you. I will check my Billings kit and see if there is something similar and let you know. Welcome to MSW Terry 

Edited by donrobinson

Wellcome to MSW, Terry

Also, wellcome to Cutty Sark fleet !

Good luck with your build. For now I can not help you,because I am still far from this stage of build, and I am not familiar with nautical terms. Also,some personal events temporary keep me out of my build. When I catch some time, I'll look on Campbell plans to see if there is something for you

This beauty must be finished!

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Maybe this can be helpful ?

post-4738-0-08757300-1480788846_thumb.jpg

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings mate, 

I have the same kit and the same problems with cheap breakable fittings...I used Zap ca with Zap's aerosol accelerant to fix  them-  you can use baking soda as well- it forms a polymer and strengthens the break. The down side is that the polymer turns white-- you can scrape it off or file it down to shape and then paint it to match. Those things break all the time.

There are some pix on my log that may be of some help-more coming   soon as I can figure out the rigging setup of the yards- I have Le Pean's book and the museum plans. OK, but I personally like photos....Constructo's plans are OK but some of the rigging plans don't make any sense. Constructo will however send you pix from the kit's latest iteration....

Fair winds and following seas to ya

• 6 years later...
  • The title was changed to Cutty Sark by Marter1229 - FINISHED - Constructo - old kit revived