Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aceman

How Do You Store Your Plans????

I keep my plans for the Royal William rolled and in storage tubes I picked up at Staples.  A small graphic is on the outside of the tube that shows what is inside.

When I need a certain drawing I have a board hanging from the ceiling in my shop that has magnets.  Magnets were from Staples as well.  

Bill

post-11144-0-85833700-1482014589_thumb.jpg

post-11144-0-16626800-1482014721_thumb.jpg

One magnet is epoxyed to the wood board behind the drawing and a second magnet in front of the drawing.  At the bottom of the drawing there are two sets of magnets for the two bottom corners.  Along the top I have self adhesive magnet strips.  A piece of steel holds the two top corners of the drawing to the magnetic strips.

Bill

Bill, I like how you have the tube identified and separated. Thanks for sharing.

Mark, I have tried that and it works good. Thanks

I would like to have them all straight and available all the time. A guy that I used to fly RC with way back had his plane prints hanging. I found a company that sells hangers but they are too expensive. I was hoping some members here have made home-made contraptions.  

Canute and mtaylor like this

Get some large paper clamps and either attach them to a sheet of plywood or the wall.   Cheap and simple.  You can paint the plywood if you feel the need.  Just make sure it's sanded side towards the print.

Canute and Jack12477 like this

For a long time I too used paper tube rolls but they soon took up too much space.  

Now I fold them flat so they need only 2 computer paper boxes.  

I made an inventory list of the plans (name, scale, date of launch) so it is a simple and fast method of getting out what I need. 

Duff

Canute and mtaylor like this

The search function is my friend....

Was wondering about this.  As I come to the close of current build have been looking at some of the plans I have and most of them are rolled.  Most are rolled very tightly and it is very hard to unroll them and get them to lay flat.  Some others are placed flat on an empty desk under an acrylic sheet.  I like the idea of the magnet board and the pictures of the plans on the outside.  

thibaultron and Canute like this