Really, for the Moderator?

I have a file of 282 photos of Victory, taken in 2009 when she was still complete.I am more than happy to share them,but am not tecchie enough to know the best way? They are currently in a Picasa folder.

If you would like to point me in a direction, and tell me where on the site to put them, happy to help.

Mike (Portchieboy)

Canute, mtaylor, jud and 1 other like this

jud   

Sounds like a treasure trove for today and tomorrow, needs preserving and kept available to the public. Thank you for wanting to do this.

jud

Canute and mtaylor like this

Ensign   

That is brilliant Mike, those of us building Victory would be ecstatic to have access to those photos. I have a number of photos which I refer to every time I work on the ship but there is much more that my pictures don't show and whilst reference books are invaluable, the old adage is so true "A picture tells a thousand words"

I look forward to seeing them online.

Thank you in advance

Gary

Canute and mtaylor like this

Anja   

Hello Mike,

You can share the link to your Picasa folder and post the photos in the 'NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD NEWS, Model Ship Clubs and Exhibitions and Events, Museums and Museum Ships'.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/forum/43-nautical-research-guild-news-model-ship-clubs-and-exhibitions-and-events-museums-and-museum-ships/

Thanks and regards,

Anja

John Allen, Canute and mtaylor like this

Me too, Google have archived all my many Picasa albums and although I can see them there seems no way to upload any of the pics to forums etc;

thanks Google (not)

B.E.

Canute likes this

Anja   

Hello Mike,

Sorry, didn't know that Picasaweb is retired. Just found that out by clicking on my photolink to Picasa.

I can still see my photos.

Next I clicked on the web address and pasted it here. https://get.google.com/albumarchive/101771012623529993857/album/AF1QipM92TMD-BUP9ExF8nTo4wO7nssD8o-YUIdKsIHf?source=pwa&authKey=COu0yYqz-oCOPg

That should work, give it a try.

Regards,

Anja

Canute likes this

Anja   

Hello Mike,

In 2014 we posted a link to photos in Picasaweb in another subforum.

This link still works, only now it directs to Google album archive instead of Picasa.

The photos also have a web address in the address section. I copied the web address and pasted it in my earlier post.

I hope that works for you too.

Or don't you have access to your photos anymore?

Regards,

Anja

mtaylor and Canute like this