Jack12477

Securi problems

While trying to post to an already started PM thread I got this pop-up from Securi

Sucuri WebSite Firewall - CloudProxy - Access Denied

What is going on? You are not allowed to access the requested page. If you are the site owner, you can whitelist your IP using this procedure: https://kb.sucuri.net/cloudproxy/Whitelist+and+Blacklist/whitelisting-IP. If you are not the owner of the web site, you can contact us at cloudproxy@sucuri.net. Also make sure to include the block details (displayed below), so we can better troubleshoot the error.
Block details
  • Your IP: xx.xx.xxx.xx.xx
  • URL: modelshipworld.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=sendReply&topicID=xxxxx
  • Your Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
  • Block ID: RCE011
  • Block reason: Exploit attempt denied.
  • Time: Wed Dec 28 12:26:52 2016
  • Server ID: cp14006
Sucuri CloudProxy

CloudProxy is the WebSite Firewall from Sucuri. It stands between your site and the rest of the world and protects against attacks, malware infections, DDOS, brute force attempts and mostly anything that can harm it.

Not only that, but your sites get cached, speeding it up quite a bit. Interested? Visit https://sucuri.net/website-firewall

mtaylor and Canute like this

There are other topics regarding this, but I'll pin this one for reference.

If anyone receives this message, then PM me their IP number, and I'll fix the problem for you. You can find your IP number by going to this site: https://www.whatismyip.com

Jack12477, mtaylor and Canute like this

The section about Forum Rules etc is locked but perhaps I can ask the question here.

Is the mention about 'Warning Points' restricted to the author or is it visible to others?

Perhaps I missed that, but where is this mentioned in the rules and how does one get those 'invaluable points'?
Is there a way to redeem those points? B) 

Canute likes this

Jack, I've found that this happens when I use the search function.  I realized that somehow the website adds the search query to the end of the link to the page, which throws things off.  You can just click on the link, delete the extraneous stuff at the end, and problem solved.

Canute, Nirvana and mtaylor like this

Thanks, Mike. But my problem hit while I was trying to respond to a PM. Have not hit the problem while doing a search - least not yet !

mtaylor, Canute and Nirvana like this

Jack, I've found that this happens when I use the search function.  I realized that somehow the website adds the search query to the end of the link to the page, which throws things off.  You can just click on the link, delete the extraneous stuff at the end, and problem solved.

I just ran into this "feature" today.  Thanks for the solution it worked fine.

mtaylor and Nirvana like this