CaptainSteve

Have Birthdays been cancelled ??

32 posts in this topic

I've noticed that the Today's Birthdays sidebar on the main page has had no information since the start of the year. Or maybe no-one (out of some 25,000+ members) has had a birthday in the past week.

Seems kinda statistically improbable ??

Cap'n, edit the title and make it a question. I don't think it's getting the attention of admin.

I find the absence of of any birthdays strange also.

I agree Mark.  I have taken a new approach that seems to work for me.  I only adult during those hours I am required to work.  Before, After and on weekends - no adulting.   The admiral is getting used to it I think and it works wonders! =)

Hi Mark, I don't think that you really want to cancel your birthday!!!! Serious consequences with that.

I have heard that statisticians have proved, that people who have the most birthdays live the longest.

Cheers Chris

Well... canceling birthdays and adulting won't solve the problem....    Hmm..  we need an admin...

trippwj, Elijah, Cabbie and 7 others like this

The app looks fine....guess nobody has had a birthday.....or wants to share.  I can see nothing wrong with it.   :)

I'll be glad to cancel my birthday.  Adulting is far too much trouble.

Good way not getting older! :cheers:

But then again, how are you going to be able to get any good wrapped gifts! Thinking Byrnes Machines or other great tools.

Good way not getting older! :cheers:

But then again, how are you going to be able to get any good wrapped gifts! Thinking Byrnes Machines or other great tools.

A very merry un-birthday, of course!!!!!

When I turned fifty, I told everyone I was "forty-ten".

Long time ago, a friend of mine said, I can't get older than twenty. This was at a birthday party of his,

so we celebrated his twenty-fifteen birthday.

In Sweden it is legal to go to a bar or restaurant to buy alcohol when you are 18, but purchasing strong alcohol from specific store then you have to be twenty.

So, that's the reason of the "twenty" logic. :pirate41:

The app looks fine....guess nobody has had a birthday.....or wants to share.  I can see nothing wrong with it.   :)

It didn't happen last year.  Are you saying all those people took their birthdays off the list? 

Bob

I dont know....but I am swamped at the moment and its not a huge priority.  So further investigation will have to wait.  I hope you guys understand.

RichardG, Canute, Jack12477 and 7 others like this

I dont know....but I am swamped at the moment and its not a huge priority.  So further investigation will have to wait.  I hope you guys understand.

I'm certain that we will cope (somehow) until you can get it fixed, Chuck. Meanwhile, if anyone has a birthday coming up, I'll have a supply of fairy bread, cake, and soda-pop (adult beverages if you can prove you are 21yo+) waiting right here.

:D  :D  :D

Elijah, Canute, Jack12477 and 4 others like this

Okay thanks Steve, Mine is on the 23rd, But don't think that I can make it over.

Just put them in a parcel and send over, I am definitely over 21, so the beer will be

good as well.

Cheers Chris   :cheers:    :rolleyes:    :D

CaptainSteve, Canute and mtaylor like this

Cabbie, if BlueJet is okay for you ........ but of course.

However, not even I would like to fly with them.

Singapore Airline is fully booked, so is  the Emirates Airline for the time.

Guess I have to cancel the party!

Elton John with Ringo Starr featuring Deborah Harry was on the list for performance. Guest performance would had been ZZ Top.

They were all canceled at a high cost tonight! :P

So at the end, it will be me celebrating my birthday with my dogs. And probably one of my dogs will be stealing my steak, so I have to eat vegetarian style.

Sorry for spoiling the party. :pirate41:

BANYAN, mtaylor, Jack12477 and 4 others like this

That is a real blow, but when you think about it,

if I went to your party I wouldn't get back here quick enough, and fit enough

to attend my own lavish do.

So perhaps a silver lining.

Anyway I hope you have a good one

Cheers Chris