IJN Musashi by cog - Tamiya - 1:350 - PLASTIC - old tool

sorry, can't seem to get the proper image sequence on this new site. Can't see the raw message text either to manipulate it. Limited functionality compared to the previous version I have experienced so far - haven't found documentation either (yet)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

3 hours ago, cog said:

sorry, can't seem to get the proper image sequence on this new site. Can't see the raw message text either to manipulate it. Limited functionality compared to the previous version I have experienced so far - haven't found documentation either (yet)

Like you, I am also having some trouble figuring this out. Maybe there are features that have not yet been loaded into the new program (I hope) because the new format is not quite as user friendly as far as posting pictures is concerned.

Have you found a way to post pictures from Imgur or other such sources? I could not find the way to do that.

When you load the photos in using the Choose Files function, they load somewhat randomly. To get them added to the post in the order you want,  just click the + (plus sign) symbol in the photo preview, click each photo in the order you want and wait for the system to add it before clicking on the next one. I just added photos to my Skipjack  build without any problem. 

Thanks for the likes and your generous comments, gents.It was rather a challenge to get it setup in the form of a real tripod.

Jack, I will remember that one! Thank you

Carl

Carl, nice job with all that fiddly work. The turret/gun houses look good.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Looking good Carl, a lot of good detail that will make these guns look great in-situ.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Sweet metal work on the masts, Carl.   It's all looking grand.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ditto for all the other replies Carl,

Awesome work!!

(One day soonish, I'll have to do the PE bit too.)

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

On 2/25/2017 at 1:18 AM, Canute said:

Carl, nice job with all that fiddly work. The turret/gun houses look good.

Thanks Ken. Tomorrow I've some more fiddly diddly photographs

Looking good Carl, a lot of good detail that will make these guns look great in-situ.

cheers

Pat

The only thing missing is the smoke after firing ;) Pat

Sweet metal work on the masts, Carl.   It's all looking grand.

Thanks Mark. Though I haven't yet tasted it, i.e. the sweet metal ... (other name for brass? ;) )

Ditto for all the other replies Carl,

Awesome work!!

(One day soonish, I'll have to do the PE bit too.)

Cheers....HOF.

Thanks 'arry

I'm waiting in anticipation on your first PE build!!

The only thing I've been doing is sticking PE to plastic or other PE parts. It seems endless ... though I have to admit that it does make a whole lot of difference. I am also quite happy I bought both Fly Hawk and Pontos detail up sets ... more pictures soon ...

Cheers

Carl

As long as you're not gluing parts to yerself, mate. Acetone is not good for your longevity.;)

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Just now, Canute said:

As long as you're not gluing parts to yerself, mate. Acetone is not good for your longevity.;)

Neither is smoking (exhaust fumes), drinking, and ultimately: living ;) But I have managed to stick'em on the plastic instead of meself :) I'm not into juwelry, or piercings for that matter

Carl

Hmmm.... sticking PE parts to one's body.... maybe start a trend with all those guns?   :D

You're doing some seriously nice work, Carl.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

7 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Hmmm.... sticking PE parts to one's body.... maybe start a trend with all those guns?   :D

You're doing some seriously nice work, Carl.   

Mark, you want to be my Guinea Pig ...?

Carl

10 hours ago, cog said:

Last days midnight oil ...

IMG_2629.thumb.jpg.e88cbf3292c91ff221fab9cf4fd78fcb.jpgIMG_2630.thumb.jpg.86be960ff2e9e572f2a181e18d180ce2.jpgIMG_2631.thumb.jpg.143a5c232581fb30fdf465887f6aede0.jpgIMG_2638.thumb.jpg.916c71004742cbff6cf6b9f787841ff6.jpgIMG_2639.thumb.jpg.c8f10c22fb6f6fadfe25024c96ec54d0.jpg

Looking Great - but dont try floating that thing.;)

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Looks good Carl, an impressive amount of PE detail which will give the model a very detailed finish.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thanks for all the likes, and comments

11 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Looking Great - but dont try floating that thing.;)

Thanks OC. I'll put some rafts underneath to keep it afloat :)

Looks good Carl, an impressive amount of PE detail which will give the model a very detailed finish.

cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat, I'm not yet halfway through my PE stack ... I need to keep my focus, as some parts can't be fixed before they are painted, because painting the part afterwards will be (partly) impossible

Carl

catching up with your progress Carl..........you've done extremely well with the P.E. detail!    very nice indeed!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks for the likes and the comments gents

On 2/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, husky1943 said:

Howdy Carl,

I salute your patience and your eyesight!  That is going to be quite impressive - heck, it already is!  Outstanding!  (Note to self - avoid photo-etch!!)

Ciao for now

Rob

Welcome aboard, and thank you Rob. Though my eyesight is largely supported by an optical visor, which makes things quite doable

On 2/28/2017 at 6:21 AM, Denis Pink said:

Just fantastic work Carl

Denis.

Denis, Good to see you here. Thank you for the thumbs up!

On 3/1/2017 at 3:17 PM, src said:

Very, very impressive Carl. I cant wait to see her with some paint. But.....

Your mast is on upside down!! :P:P

I will go back to my corner now..............

Sam

I know Sam, forgot to ask you to supervise. Remind me next time ... or should I ask that red head project manager from Wayne ???

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

catching up with your progress Carl..........you've done extremely well with the P.E. detail!    very nice indeed!

Denis, Always appreciate your comments. High praise from the creative builder!

Not much to show, some programing problems on my mind, which need to be solved  and implemented by Wednesday. Last night in the dark as we had a power faillure in my region. Very hard to do the PE at candle light, I can disadvise to even try it!!! Currently removing some plastic detail on the hull, which will be replaced by better detailed PE parts

Cheers

Carl

3 hours ago, cog said:

I know Sam, forgot to ask you to supervise. Remind me next time ... or should I ask that red head project manager from Wayne ???

Cheers

You have a new project manager? Shes a redhead?? I am married (more or less) to a red head, be careful, they are... volatile.:P

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

Carl

Looking good, Carl.   As for the stripping off of the owner/copyright properties, ask it in the Problem area.    I'm thinking the forum software does this as it seems rather common on other sites.  Usually to anonomize any location data, etc.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Something new ... (Greg, I got it today) AOTS Battleships Yamato & Musashi - a revised edition. It is a rather hughe difference: 192 pages in the old vs 336 pages in the new edition. A lot of comparisons, both textual as drawings, between upgrades during the years of armament e.a., differences between Yamato and Musashi. In short: A lot of reading and eye candy (the rigging is more clear too, you might like that, Greg) It'll take me a week or two to get through this one ...

Catch y'all later ... don't mind the silence, I'm immersed ...

Cheers

Carl