Nearly new member saying hi!

Blighty

Hiya all,

I signed up for NRG a couple of months ago, I was already 70% complete on my first wooden model, (Emma C. Berry, Model Shipways), hence no build log. I went in at the deep end after 6 months of plastic super hero figure modelling needing something more challenging. I had no idea how valuable the knowledge base was on this forum, but I am now a firm believer it is the only way to go. The latter portion of the Emma build was so much more fulfilling having such good reference logs to pour over.

Being recently retired time is not an issue so I have just purchased my second model, the Chaperon, again from Model Shipways, I really like the service I have received from those guys.

A build log will follow as soon as Mr. Mailman has delivered my blue box, very excited for that.

Great hobby, great site, great modelling to all.

All the best, Len.............

P.S. to Anja,

Rossi46 a.k.a. Emerson, I'm the one to blame for the weird name, I'm his dad!

Edited by Blighty

Hello Len and welcome aboard,

Thanks for introducing yourself to us.

I wish you a happy retirement filled with fun and happiness. And lots of model building of course.

When your Emma C. Berry is ready, please share some photos of her in the gallery.

I'm sure you and your son will have a great time here.

Good luck with your next build and I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Kind regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Hi Len,

A fellow Ontarian saying welcome on the journey!

Doug

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Hi Len,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW Len! Good luck to you on finishing your Emma C. Berry and on the Chaperon!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...