PeteW

Just saying hello

New to the forum although I have been a long term plastic kit and figure painter. At the moment I spend most of my spare time painting aviation art, but having received the first three Patrick O'Brien Jack Aubrey books for Christmas I quite like the idea of painting a sailing ship scene or two from the era and that has driven an interest in models from that period to help with any possible paintings

In the immediate short term I'm looking at paper models with the Shipyard 1/96 frigates having caught my eye, but seeing some of the superb wooden models out there I can see me wanting to build one at some time ( even if it has to wait until I retire)

If anybody is interested in looking at my aviation art http://navairart.com/

regards

Pete

PeteB, Anja, EJ_L and 2 others like this

Hello Pete and welcome aboard,

Thanks for sharing the link to your site. The paintings are just great, especially the 'On Final' painting.

You've come to the right place. Plastic, card, wood, it is all represented here.

When you've made your choice, feel free to start a buildlog.

This is a great place to learn and share tips and techniques.

If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

EJ_L, PeteW and mtaylor like this

Welcome, Pete! Your artwork looks fantastic! If you are seriously interested in having a go at card models, may I suggest trying out our V 108 tutorial? It's a free model, won't take more than a few weeks to build, and will introduce you to most of the techniques needed for much more complex projects such as the offerings from Shipyard.

Regards,

mtaylor, EJ_L and PeteW like this

Hi Pete.  

Welcome to MSW.  Great paintings....  Love them.

PeteW and EJ_L like this

Welcome to MSW Pete! Your artwork is impressive. I wish you good fortune whichever model you go, paper, wood or both! I think you will find some great inspiration for future paintings while building the model ships and having a better understanding of sailing ships will probably lead to a better picture. I look forward to seeing your work!

mtaylor likes this

Cheers for the warm welcome. I'm busy reading build threads and looking at my options !

P

mtaylor likes this

Welcome Pete! You have an amazing gift that should benefit any model building you may decide to pursue.

mtaylor likes this