Chaperon by Blighty - FINISHED - Model Shipways - Weathered and aged - My first build log

Fantastic work, sir. You've taken a good kit and really made something special out of it. Can you post a few shots of the completed vessel with the lights on?

1 hour ago, Cathead said:

Fantastic work, sir. You've taken a good kit and really made something special out of it. Can you post a few shots of the completed vessel with the lights on?

1 hour ago, Cathead said:

Hi Cathead, thx for the comments and night pics will be posted for sure, I have something on tonight I forgot about so will do it tomorrow.

Len

Great build, she looks real cool

I assume from your note that you have tried it in the bath !!

She looks brilliant, well done indeed Sir !

Current build : Fokker Dr 1

Completed non-boat build 1/16 Model expo Sopwith Camel - in shore leave.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Artesania Latina Red Dragon (Modified)

Non-boat build 1/24 scale Dennis bus by OcCre - in shore leave.

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

OcCre Santisima Trinidad Cross Section 

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

Sorry for delay getting wrapped up but the Chaperon is now on displayand looking very grand.

Thx to all for being part of the pleasure in building this great kit.

Highly recommend this kit if anyone out there is considering it and if there is anything I can contribute please don't hesitate to contact me.

I will post additional pics in the Gallery very soon.

On to the USN Picket Boat #1 now.

All the best Len.................

IMG_3522[1].JPG

IMG_3521[1].JPG

IMG_3516[1].JPG

IMG_3504[2].JPG

IMG_3513[2].JPG

IMG_3413[1].JPG

IMG_3510[1].JPG

Lovely light effect!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

I too love the lights.  They just set a model off and add something special.   Wonderful work you've done on her.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Those lights really add to her, very nice work!!

Oh dear! Looks like we have ourselves a grand Ole completion party!  This will be a big one!   :cheers:

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

What A fine steamer you have and beautifully aged too.  Well done.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Great job! In that last photo it looks like it was taken at night on the side of a calm river, as the lights are reflecting on the surface.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Thx everyone for the kind words, makes FINISHING an even more special event.

Elijah, I thought the same about the reflection on the table top, wish I could claim it as a creative intention but alas it was just a bit of luck. 

I will add a couple more pics a the night shots were a bit dark.

• 2 weeks later...

Blighty, absolutely amazing, very impressive. Love the weathered look and love the lights.  You obviously have talents beyond model boat building. Good job. 

Derek

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea  

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Current Builds

Bluenose - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

Fair American - Model Shipways - 1:48 Scale

HMS Winchelsea 1764 - Group Build

On Deck

Guns of History Naval Smoothbore Deck Gun - 1:24 Scale

Finished Builds

Mare Nostrum - Artesania Latina - 1:35 Scale

Guns of History Carronade - Model Shipways - 1:24 Scale

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...