drumster53

Greetings, Friends!

Not completely new to the Forum but have not visited in a while.  Working on HMS Victory at present.  First attempt at a master-level model and struggling a bit but having fun despite that...have to learn somehow, eh wot?

Best to all and happy 2017.

geoff, mtaylor, PeteB and 2 others like this

Welcome aboard Drumster53 and a happy 2017 for you too.

Can you please tell us your name?

This is a great place to learn and share tips and techniques.

So, stop struggling and start a buildlog, post photos and ask your questions.

You'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

mtaylor, geoff and EJ_L like this

welcome to MSW "Drumster". Have fun with your Victory!. All the best, Geoff

mtaylor and EJ_L like this

Welcome aboard! 

The kind people here are always willing to help when you have a question or issue.

I look forward to see your Victory come together.

Robin :)

PeteB, EJ_L and mtaylor like this

Welcome to MSW! Best of luck to you as you work on the Victory. I would live to see the pictures of it to see how she is coming along. 

mtaylor likes this

Hi everyone...my name is Scott.  I am a RN working for a hospice software company in Oregon.  I am also a part-time drummer for 2 local bands; one country, one rock.  In between all of that, I am a scale-modeler and have been for years.  I discovered wood models about 10 years ago and have built 4 projects, Victory being my largest thus far.  I will post a couple of pix.

This is as of last night...I am working on the mast's support rigging and will be beginning the cannon door installations next.  This is 2.5 years of effort so far...love the work.  If anyone can recommend other models that are worthwhile to build or modeling companies that carry great stuff, I'd be grateful.  So far I have built a Billig Boat project and the Victory is from DeAgostini.

post-25453-0-32560000-1483899070_thumb.jpg

Jack12477, Cuda1949, Anja and 2 others like this

Hi Scott,

Welcome to MSW from another one in Oregon.

EJ_L likes this

Great looking model! Well done indeed!

I think we could all name what we consider to be a "worthwhile" build but, what I would recommend to you is to spend some time looking through some of the logs that are out there for the many different ships. Everyone has there own personal niche that appeals the most to them and you may find a cool ship in someone's logs that you have never heard of that is interesting or you may see a way that they built it that appeals to you. Most of us have links in our signatures that you could start checking out builds or simply go to the kit, or scratch build sections and start looking through the builds. I bet within an hour you will have a list that will be longer than you could ever hope to complete! ;)

mtaylor and Anja like this