Hello from the Moray Firth

Sabre

Good day people, after many years away from building  (planes and boats) a Bluenose kit from Artesiana is tempting me to part with some cash and I am curious as to the quality of the kits.  The last kit was a Billing Cutty Sark but it met an untimely end in a house move before I could complete the rigging.

Hello, Sabre,

You're a bit north of me, perhaps 450 miles from darkest Essex (GB), and I'm a very new member, too. I have a Billings

Bluenose waiting in the cupboard for me to finish Thermopylae which deserves better craftsmanship than I have given it so far - - - I've reached the point where it should be dismantled right back to the point where the cackhandedness started or continue in the hope I can cover up the clumsiness. I'm veering towards dismantling; I don't think I can live with the shame of

dishonest work.

I'd like to see your Bluenose progress.

Aye, 

Tumbleweed

Hello Sabre and welcome aboard,

Can you please tell us your name?

You will find that we share a lot of information on our builds. So feel free to look around and enjoy all the possibilities this forum has to offer you.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Hi Norman,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Greetings Norman,

Long before Lossiemouth belonged to the RAF I had cause to get to know the Moray Firth area quite well. Happy days.

Best wishes for your upcoming build and your membership of this excellent forum.

Mike.

Previous Build: LA gun deck cross section.
Previous Build: Lancia Armata. Panart 1:16
Previous Build: HMS Pickle. Jotika Build.

HMS Triton cross section 1:32.

Shelved awaiting improved skills:

Chuck"s Cheerful.

Current build.

Tender Avos.

HM cutter Alert.

:

Many moons ago I went to my first air show at Lossie and if memory serves me well it was towards the end of RNAS Lossiemouth days.   I can remember watching a Lightning taking off and going almost vertical within a couple of seconds of leaving the runway and later in the day possibly a Vulcan thundering skywards too.  Talking of Vulcans I remember seeing about six of them flying in a straight line way up at what could have been their cruising altitude and that would have been mid to late seventies flying over Inverness on a fine summer evening.