Karl :10_1_10:

post-632-0-48889800-1484969626_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-80606500-1484969637_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-77170600-1484969648_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-40122200-1484969661_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-28287000-1484969686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeronimo

Hi Karl,

can full understand why you have chosen to build this model. The introducing pics are so fantastic and inspiring, wonderful lines of the ship and a "must" to get started with it..... ;)  :rolleyes:

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Karl,

can full understand why you have chosen to build this model. The introducing pics are so fantastic and inspiring, wonderful lines of the ship and a "must" to get started with it..... ;)  :rolleyes:

Nils

Hi Nils,

exactly like this model.

I hope as well as the model.

Thanks to all for the Likes.

Hi Karl.

Yet another wonderful build.

I will be following this one with great interest as I have a set of the Ancre Chebec books.

Wanted to do this one myself but as yet I do not have the skills. But maybe in the future.

All the best with this one.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

I look forward to this build Karl, your last was inspiring and this looks as it will be another!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Beautiful frames, Karl.  She'll be a beauty.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Some years ago I built a chebec. Before I started with the project I made a long study of those beautiful ships. I used the drawings in the book;'" Die chebecke und andere schiffstypen des Mittelmeerraumes" written by Wolfram Mondfeld. I used the drawings in the book only as a basis and I soon discovered that I had to solve many mystery.

The drawings which are available are often not correct. Practically every drawing is copied from the few things that are known and these were in some cases fantasy.

One of the main things is the aft deck of the ship. It is Always depicted as one very large grating. Technically this is impossible on the real ship. The structure will be very weak and has to be supported by al lot of thick beams. Especially when you think that the openings in the gratings may not be larger than 7,5 x 7,5 cm, otherwise the sailors will break their legs.

In the 19th century a few men measured the last remainig chebecs. One of them was Frederik Henrik Af Chapman. He published his drawings in "Architectura Navalis Mercatoria". Under the nrs17 and 18 in his book you can find the results. The deck I mean is totally different. Only a few gratings are drawn. In the sience museum in London exists a model built according his drawings. The hull is correct. Unfortunally Chapman never gave details about masts, rigging and sails. On the London model these things are not as it has to be.

Generally spoken there are two types of chebecs. The first was used by the Barbarian raiders, and was directly derived from the galley. The second was the chebec which was derived from the first and was built by the French. You are building a second type. In London stands an example of the first type.

I built the first type as you can see on my website www.constntwillem.nl

There is a lot more to tell about this magnificent ship. I wrote down the results of my study. I can see that you live in Germany and maybe you can read my study which is in the Dutch language. If you are intersted I can sent you a copy.

I am fully aware of the fact that I have not solved every mystery. I may be totally wrong on some aspects and I stand open for every comment.  But I like to help everyone who is intending to built this ship, which is a beauty.

Constant

A very nice frame build indeed!! Interesting way to fix the frames also.

Will follow this with interest.

Rgds and god speed!!

ps (The correct website in above post is http://www.constantwillems.nl/chebec.html)

Karl,

Good to see you starting a new series.  What is the model at the beginning?  Surely you have not completed this since December.

Ed 

YankeeD, tartane,

Perhaps you could verify your links before posting! Niether one of them works

It surely works only I put the phrase between brackets, if you just click it it is most surely the computer adds the last bracket automatically. Computers are not that smart that they realize they should leave out the last bracket as it does not belong to the link. And correct I could have solved that by adding a space... B)

Very nice progress, Karl

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Karl,

Good to see you starting a new series.  What is the model at the beginning?  Surely you have not completed this since December.

Ed 

The pictures at the beginning show a computer animations  of a Russia artist. ( www. PES.ru )

Thanks to all for kind comments and likes.

Hello friends.

Construction error on my part to the main frames

IV ( 27 Bow ) to  IX ( 69 Stern )

These frames have only one floor.

These following picturs show the correction on the main frames.

Teil 4

post-632-0-24352400-1486403156_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-96654800-1486403169_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-30280900-1486403184_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-72072600-1486403198_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-39611000-1486403214_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-70097100-1486403226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeronimo