Chebece 1750 by Jeronimo - FINISHED

I love the rework as it looks great.    Those carvings are just beyond belief.  Amazing.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Stunning carvings and they really enhance your work Karl.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

beautiful carvings Karl,

it gives a lovely touch to the stern...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hello Karl,

today I had been after a longer time again at the „Maritimes Museum Hamburg“ and there I found something you might be interested in. May be when you are ready with your Chebece and want to build the whole ship. This one is build from ivory! So, if your way cross that of an elephant, ask him for a teeth or two ;) 

IMG_1136.thumb.jpg.ad55e1a7c0a46c2629ffb8916533471d.jpg

IMG_1137.thumb.jpg.f85b0f109fc2ebb583946eb079f05a78.jpg

Regards,

Siggi

Recent build: HMS Tiger (1747)

Captains Barge ca. 1760, scratch build
HMS Dragon 74 gunner 1760, scratch build

Karl,

those outstanding carvings are top quality work ! and look great. They are wonderfully matching the already assembled stern carvings.

You mentioned earlier, that the carvings are commisioned work, congrats to you for having that very skilled source / freind...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

20 hours ago, Siggi52 said:

Hello Karl,

today I had been after a longer time again at the „Maritimes Museum Hamburg“ and there I found something you might be interested in. May be when you are ready with your Chebece and want to build the whole ship. This one is build from ivory! So, if your way cross that of an elephant, ask him for a teeth or two ;) 

IMG_1136.thumb.jpg.ad55e1a7c0a46c2629ffb8916533471d.jpg

IMG_1137.thumb.jpg.f85b0f109fc2ebb583946eb079f05a78.jpg

A beautiful model Siggi,

thanks for sharing these pics.....

Do you remember if those openings in the quater deck are cut-outs for viewing into the hull ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Fantastic artwork Karl,

beautiful carvings, a real treat for the eyes....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Now that I have picked my jaw back up from the floor - simply MAGNIFICENT Karl.  Those carvings really compliment your work on the planking and framing.  A truly stunning mode.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

beautiful art decoration Karl,

those badges have incredible fine carvings and look marvelous...  :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Were the carvings done on a professional CNC set up, if not what program and mill has been used?

Finished builds are 

1/35 Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

1/36 scratch built Philadelphia Gunboat from the Smithsonian Plans

Current build is

Scratch build Boudroit's Monograph for La Jacinthe at 1/36

Those carvings are beautifully executed, Jeronimo. Equally, your painting within the panels in black is superbly done and sets them off nicely.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Another masterpiece, Karl.  Somehow I have allowed myself to fall behind in following your posts, but I spent some time this morning catching up.  There are so many impressive features to your work.  My favorites are wood finish, clean joinery, and of course the carving, to name only a few.  I would love to see more of how you do this work, even if language barriers deter full explanations.  Very impressive work, as usual.

Ed

17 hours ago, noel_colledge said:

Were the carvings done on a professional CNC set up, if not what program and mill has been used?

Hello,

no idea about which CNC program is.

I have commissionned these carvings, and I am very satisfied with the result and appearance.

Karl

1 hour ago, EdT said:

Another masterpiece, Karl.  Somehow I have allowed myself to fall behind in following your posts, but I spent some time this morning catching up.  There are so many impressive features to your work.  My favorites are wood finish, clean joinery, and of course the carving, to name only a few.  I would love to see more of how you do this work, even if language barriers deter full explanations.  Very impressive work, as usual.

Ed

Hello Edward.

I did not do these carvings myself.

The clean execution and accuracy exceeds my skills in therms of carving art considerably.

These are a commissioned work for payment.

I treat the wooden surfaces:

Two-time painting with colorless quick sanding sealer,

After drying , sand with steel wool number 0 and remove dust.

Gives a silky-glossy to dull surface.

Any question I answer like, even with pictures.

Karl

(Google-Tranlator)

They may be commissioned Karl, but they are worth every penny.  They set off your ship as something special by complimenting your fine detail work.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)