Hi everyone! Another year, another chance to join us all at the 35th Annual Northeast Joint Clubs Ship Model Show and Conference. It will once again be held at the Port N Starboard Convention Center at Ocean Beach Park in New London, Connecticut on April 29th 2017 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

This year the New York Shipcraft Guild will be hosting the event. Early registration before March 15th 2017 is $35 per person, before April 22nd 2017 $40 per person and $45 per person after April 22nd or at the door of the event. As before, if you would like to exhibit a model, you’ll need to register for the Conference. Set-up for the exhibit area will start at 8:15 AM. Registration includes breakfast, buffet lunch and dessert!

Our luncheon speaker will be Paul Sparrow, the Director of the FDR Presidential Library, whose talk will be about FDR as a model maker and his collection of ship models at the Library.

There will be demonstrations of modeling techniques and procedures. Enjoy over 100 museum quality ship models. Vote for the best! Schmooze with the craftsmen, artists, and friends, old and new. Browse vendor booths with maritime and modeling books, kits, and tools. Watch demonstrations of building techniques and tips.

Attached is a PDF file for the registration. Again watch this space for more info and hope to see you all there! :)

Charlie

2017RegistrationForm.pdf

post-15936-0-19845100-1485999665_thumb.jpg

post-15936-0-38594900-1485999673_thumb.jpg

Edited by CharlieZardoz

I will not be able to attend, but I have a friend in the area who likes to see ship models even though she is not a modeler herself and would probably take some pics for me. Will the exhibit be open to the general public? She wouldn't be interested in the conference - she'd just like to see the models.

Thanks -

John

mtaylor likes this

Thanks Charlie for the information.  I am looking forward to this Conference and Show.  It is a great event for everyone that attends.

Here are links to the prior shows with pictures of the many ship models on display:

2016 Northeast Joint Clubs Ship Model Conference and Show

2015 Northeast Joint Clubs Ship Model Conference and Show

2014 Northeast Joint Clubs Ship Model Conference and Show

2013 Northeast Joint Clubs Ship Model Conference and Show

Hello Charlie,

Unfortunately too far away for us Dutch

Would have loved to attend a demonstration of building techniques.

I hope you all have a great time together and don't forget to take lots of pictures.

Regards,

Anja

Thanks all! And to John general admission walk-in for the boat show is $5.  I've attached the walk-in flyer so you can have a copy. :)

Charlie

Excellent - thanks very much!

I'm going look at making arrangements to fly out from Denver.  Not sure I'll be able to pull off getting one of my builds to go with me though.  

Looking forward to seeing some great builds and meeting some great builders!

As this was my first attendance to a conference, originally I was just coming as a spectator.  After thinking about it some more I said why not just reserve a spot and bring my Constellation and enjoy all the aspect of the show.  I just have to figure out how to get it there.  Luckily it is only just over an hour away.  Check is in the mail!

Tom

So happy to see everyone as excited for the show as we are. Also for the curious I am going to be doing one of the tabletop demonstrations pertaining to laser cut templates. I'll bring in some samples of some of the practice parts I've made and will step by step show how to create such parts using the program inkscape which is free to download online. If anyone has any further questions like directions or accomodations don't hesitate to pm me. :)

Ryland Craze, mtaylor and WackoWolf like this

So who's going?  I've confirmed and made arrangements to be there.  Looking forward to this event!   My wife is nervous at the hobby aides I may find there!...   Should I bring a finished piece?  

20 hours ago, Azzoun said:

So who's going?  I've confirmed and made arrangements to be there.  Looking forward to this event!   My wife is nervous at the hobby aides I may find there!...   Should I bring a finished piece?  

I will be going and will be bringing my Constellation once I figure out how to get it there.  My wife also plans to go to see the models and then the area...

2 hours ago, CharlieZardoz said:

If you are bringing models please fill out the registration form so we have a place ready for you :)

Sent my info in PM to you and Dan a while back. Do you have it? Registration was mailed way way back (March 4th).

CharlieZardoz and mtaylor like this

7 minutes ago, CharlieZardoz said:

Yes I believe we do however I will confirm tonight

Sent in a PM just now.

mtaylor likes this

Charlie,

What are the main differences between registering for the conference and paying $40 or paying for the walk-in and paying $5.  I don't have a model to display.  I'm not in a club because I haven't found one in RI yet.  I live southeast of Providence.

Thanks,

Rob

Jack12477 and mtaylor like this

Rob,

I believe the $5 admission gets you in to see the models and the vendors.  I know the $40 registration fee gets you in to see the models on display and the vendors, a buffet lunch, which has a speaker, access to the demonstrations, registration for your models, which includes an information card for each model entered and ballots to vote for the ships in the several ship model classes.

If you are close by, you should try to attend.  I Have been going since 2010 and it is definitely worth the trip from Virginia.  You will not be disappointed.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:59 PM, CharlieZardoz said:

If you are bringing models please fill out the registration form so we have a place ready for you :)

Hi Charlie,

Just wanted to confirm you have my registration.  Your PM does not seem to be working.

Thanks for the info so far Charlie!

Very interested in going and bringing the Orca for the contest/display.

Is it a competition or just a display?

Also, if your attending for the competition/display and the vendors area, what is the cost?

I apologize if this has already been covered, just found out about this!

mtaylor and CharlieZardoz like this