"New" member from Norway

gjøa

Now I surfed around on your site long enough, without presenting me.

So her i go

My name is Bjørnar Svendsby and live in a small town in Norway called Halden.

My interests are everything with  model building

Like many others, I built models as a youth. And has begun again in old age.

I have projec on Gjøa, a Norwegian ship that sailed thrugh the northwest passageways in 1903- 1906. She was  many years in a park in San frasisco, before she was taken back to Norway and put in a museum. It will be a POF building so things take time. I've only managed to build some small parts. But to have a building that is slightly faster have I begun to build Chucks Cheerful.

Photos and maybe a log on either Gjøa or Cheerful come, but it will take a while. Gotta get my new leg in order first. Staying at a rehabilitation center for amputees  for a few weeks

After reading much about pirate kits  here on this page, I told someone in my local model club about this. And we agreed to have this as a topic at the next meeting.

I will take with me the list of Banned Kit Manufacturers. And I will tell how they Operates, stealing drawings and stock kits that they sell as their own

Bjørnar Svendsby

written with the help of Google translate

Bjønar

Welcome. As a member you will enjoy many more benefits. And YES nice of you to be aware of, and discussing with your members the problem of pirated/banned kits (:-)

Cheers,

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

:722972270:

Greetings from Belgium.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome aboard Bjørnar,

I wish you all the best with your rehabilitation. Just take your time, we are not going anywhere.

Enjoy your stay here and I wish you smooth sailing with our gallant crew.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Welcome to MSW Bjønar!

Good to have you with us and active! You will enjoy this side of the group even more than just looking. Best of luck to you on both your projects and I look forward to seeing pictures of them when you get a chance.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Hello Bjørnar,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

My company and myself are working on the Gjøa in Oslo at the moment, the original boat that is. For some of you it might be interesting to follow our blog where we come up with different information, old photos and so on. So far we have been working on the ceiling and the ice sheathing, but we'll soon install the original motor, make the companion hatch, fix the original anchor winch and install it on board again etc. Our page for the blogs is fartoyvern.com, or you can follow Hardanger Fartoyvernsenter on Facebook. 

Morten Hesthammer

:sign:

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Bjørnar,

Warm :sign:,

Enjoy your time here.

We are all here for one purpose, building ships, sharing our build logs and posting questions and answers.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Thanks for welcomes and likes.

I am soon ready for some  workshop time again. My first rehabilitation after the leg lost is soon over. Tings is going quiet well.

So i am ready to " make sawdust" again. Have a pretty nice workshop, but need some long days to get rid of the chaos

And gradually some Gjøa pictures and maybe a building log will come

Bjørnar 

Bjørnar,

Do you speak Swedish or Norwegian? Just wondering due to the location and closeness to Sweden.

Looks like 5-8 km to Swedish boarder.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Hey howya goin mate welcome.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! It will be interesting to see a Norwegian build. I have never met another Norwegian modelbuilder, but i do know they are out there hiding in workshops. Im trying to find a club in Stavanger but, i dont think there is any. 

Im trying to gather local ship modelbuilders because of the Tall Ships races in 2018 held in Stavanger. The people arranging it are thinking about putting up an exhibition for modelships to be displayed. But without models that wont be easy:)