fifeman93514

Hello from washington state

Hello from south west Washington on a nice wet day.  The Long Beach peninsula to be exact.

I took the plunge and bought my first wood boat model.  I purchased the Model Shipways Phantom for my first try.  I am a model railroader so I have built building kits.

After looking through the parts and the instructions, I am a bit intimidated so far.  I am looking forward to getting started however.

John

Hello John,

Welcome aboard, 

It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or an advanced builder, this is a great place to learn and share tips and techniques.
When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.
If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

geoff, EJ_L, mtaylor and 2 others like this

Welcome to MSW John! I too am a model railroader in addition to building model ships and many other things... It is great to have you with us and I know you will find this a great place to help you learn all those new skills and building practices that come with model ships. The Phantom makes a nice kit to learn with and there are some good build logs on here that I would recommend looking at to give you a preview and perhaps a better understanding of some of the work that will be needed.

Best of luck to you on your first build and I look forward to seeing your work!

mtaylor, geoff, Nirvana and 3 others like this

G'day John from Australia. 

You will find everyone here are here to help others. These forum members will soon be like family, and if you have any questions,  just ask and there will be people ready to answer. 

Havagooday 

Greg ☺ 

mtaylor, Anja, Nirvana and 1 other like this

Mark Welcome! I live in the Seattle area. And I would like to let you know that there is a ship building club in both Portland and Washington. I am the president of the PSSM. Puget Sound Ship Modelers. we have members all over WA and a few further afield. If you share with me your email address I will include you in our newsletter mailings. And if you ever come our way you can always join our monthly meetings.

Again Welcome!

mtaylor and Nirvana like this

Aah, a friendly face has appeared on MSW after some absence.

Welcome back Floyd.

mtaylor likes this

Howdy John,

Welcome aboard, and you are in good hands around here.  These people can guide you through building anything.  Don't forget to post photos!

Ciao for now

Rob

Anja, Nirvana and mtaylor like this