HMS Victory by Steve 12345 - FINISHED - Mantua/Panart - 1/78

hey Steve shipwright was saying he  prefers  the ship with out the sails  not about the paint job that is what he saying 

I'm with him I do not care for the sails either it hides most of the rigging work 

Ronald 

Seriously impressive work steve   weldone finishing her.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to share the video. I was there in 82 but is still a nice review for me Cristi

Current build : Sovereign of the Seas - Mantua 1:78 scale

Finished:        San John the Baptist - Cross section

Santisima Trinidad - Cross section                  Galery Santisima 

San John the Baptist ( San Juan Bautista)    Galery  San John

HMS Victory 1805 - Cross section - Corel 1:98 scale 

Panart (Mantua) 740 Battle Station          Battle Station Panart 740 Galerry

On Hold:        HMS Bounty 1:64   Mamoli MV39

• 6 months later...

Beautiful job Steve.  The Vic is my favorite, having scratch built her three times over the years.  I go to sleep every night with her sitting right beside my bed.

Dave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

On 2/18/2019 at 12:52 AM, SawdustDave said:

Beautiful job Steve.  The Vic is my favorite, having scratch built her three times over the years.  I go to sleep every night with her sitting right beside my bed.

Dave

Hi Dave I'm ready for another vic considering the Calder craft 

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 3:10 AM, Steve 12345 said:

Sails I'm glad I fitted did think about it for along time they can be left furled on the lower mast as I did ,each to there own decision personally I'm glad I chose to go with them 

Steve, she is a credit to you, job beautifully done and sails too, well done, Most modellers don't go for sails and say its because they hide the detail, I believe it doesn't hide any, just move your head it's all there.  It is just very difficult to fit them with sails, not to mention added research and the time that and the actual making and fitting sails takes. Furled lowers show decks detail anyway. Hms Victory spent years at sea and would very rarely be seen naked. OK furled but not naked. Basically it's like building a model car and leaving off the wheels to me. It's a sailing ship at the end of the day.  Most modeller fit copper plates on hull, why bother, they were hidden below the waterline on the real ship and never seen during Victory active service and they really do hide the beautiful planking work. There fitted because there supposed to be there, a bit like sails. I know its each to there own and I would like to have left the sails off knowing what I now know but it's a sailing ship. We'll now my next ship if I make a second may not have sails fitted, ha ha but mine will be nothing to do with detail lost, more the effort involved. We'll done mate in producing a beautiful model. 

Edited by Paul0367

• 2 years later...