Amerigo Vespucci kits comparison

Don Jane

I am planning my next build and I am leaning to the Amerigo Vespucci - can anyone give me info on the Mantua ans Mamoli Kits

Thank you

Don

I would suggest you narrow your choices down to a couple of kits and then read some of the corresponding build logs.  This will give you the best way to compare the kits you are interested in.  After all, every company makes both good and bad kits.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am building the Mantua kit and it is a top rate kit. The wood is top quality and the fittings are excellent. A big plus is the fact you can buy it as a multi kit.  Highly recommend this kit, it will make an excellent model when finished. The picture is just one part of the 8 kit parts, 9 if you include the sail set. DSC_3978.thumb.JPG.19a46b6caab02bd642ee1a5266f47fe0.JPG

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson