Back to the Shipyard

Hi everyone, I am returning to wooded ship building  and to that Modelshipworld forum. I am still working on a Mamoli Hms Beagle kit I purchase some years ago. Like every one know that model is not a real reproduction of the Beagle. The model is a Bounty with a look of the Beagle. So I decide to use the wood of the kit and scratch build a more accurate version of the HMS Beagle at 1/72 scale.  I am from Canada.

Hello Dravas76 and welcome aboard,

Can you please tell us your name?

When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.
This is a great site for learning/sharing tips and techniques.
If needed, you'll find plenty of help, advise and encouragement from everyone. 

Enjoy your stay here and good luck with your build.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Thanks Anja

Sorry, My name is Michel.  Yes the site is a greater source of knowledge from experience builder. I notice that few years ago.

Right now I am using the Chuck Passaro - MS Brig Syren Prototype Build as reference. The document Chuck create help a lot. I can fallow the different stage of the build and adapted to my build.

Welcome back home, Michel.   New paint, a bit of re-decorating here, but it's still home and glad to see you back.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Michel,

A warm welcome back.

There is a good book on the HMS Beagle in the Aots series, available through Amazon.

Author is Karl Heinz Marquard

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Welcome back to MSW Michel! Best of luck to you on your Beagle build. I look forward to seeing it! 

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Welcome back Michel - glad you've returned!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey howya goin mate welcome.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.