Are you an NRG Member???

Silkjc,

It's probably the other way around, to haunt you down when you haven't paid your dues.

Besides it's only visible to yourself and staff of NRG's MSW.

But that magazine that comes in the mail, it's worth the money. 

Great articles, history, builds and tricks.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

3 hours ago, Silkjc said:

Why bother having it displayed in the avatar? Does being a guild member automatically make people a better modeler thus we should trust their posts more? :pirate41:

What?

MSW is owned by the NRG. It is in the NRG's interests to increase its membership anyway it can, to promote this hobby, and as MSW is a part of their operations, then I can't see why it would be unusual to have this displayed under their avatar. Whilst you don't need, and never will need to be a member of NRG to access this site, please remember the fact that you can post here today is because of the commitment of the NRG in both financial terms and man-hours in administering. Unlike some hobby sites, MSW doesn't have in-your-face advertising and pop-ups to distract your visit. 

In the bigger scheme of things, advertising that a member is a part of the NRG is a simple way to let members know that you can indeed become an NRG member, as well as a member of this site. It does not imply that being a guild member makes you a better modeller. That is pretty absurd.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:07 PM, gjdale said:

For those trying to find their NRG member number, and who like me had thrown out the packaging and secretary's letter already, I was able to go into the NRG Store and find it (I think). I selected the option to renew membership and (can't quite remember the exact sequence) it took me to a place where I could see when I last updated my membership (June last year). Their was a four digit reference number on this, so I'm assuming that is my membership number (at Ieast, I'm hoping it is!).

Grant, I am afraid that may be your order ID. I looked at mine and have 3 different numbers - assuming we are looking at the same thing. And I see I let my membership lapse for a YEAR!!! Shame in me!

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

No time like the present to renew, Sam!

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

I don't think you see your member number on the store - we don't ask for it and the store and member data base are not linked.  Send an email to the office and ask what your member number is - or call and ask and renew at the same time.:)

The email is  info@thenauticalresearchguild.org   Phone is in the Journal - page 1 and on the web site  www.thenrg.org

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Thanks Kurt,

With no disrespect intended, and at the risk of sounding belligerent, it seems kinda weird that I can't find my membership number when logged in to the site...... that would seem to be a fairly basic piece of information.....

I've sent an email as suggested, but should I have to?

Grant:

Sorry, but the limitations of the web site would make it visible to everybody as there is not a "members only" section.  There is an upgrade in our data base under consideration and members would have access to update personal info and see the member number but it's sometime down the road. 

If every member would look at their mailing label - the Spring 2017 issue is in the mail - and record their member number they will have it at hand when needed.

Take care,

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Thanks Kurt,

In the meantime, I just heard back from Mary with my member number.