HMS Pegasus by Blue Ensign - FINISHED - Amati/Victory Models - 1:64 scale

40 minutes ago, Blue Ensign said:

For those who may be vaguely curious about the face behind the model, here's yours truly posing with Pegasus before she is cased.

B.E.

Hi B.E.

nice to have a face along with the the fellow builder`s lovely model

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Wow B.E.

what a lovely display, and that beautiful casing. Love that little side table she is standing on.

Congratulations to your wonderful rounding up of the project, an awsome looking piece of maritime art...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

She looks great B.E., fits in perfectly

BE, really gorgeous work.  Congratulations!  This is the pinnacle and gold standard of Swan Class builds here.  Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us, and for taking the time to share your techniques.  

Live the display play by the way - I wish I went with an acrylic case like you have on my Badger.  Having wood molding for the panels distracts the eye from the model in my opinion.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

As I mentioned in an earlier post,  I have used some of my post build time to create a Photo Album of my build utilising some of the many photo's taken over the course of the build.

The album is large format (28 x 21cm) and runs to 120 pages.

The book has now arrived and I thought you may like to see how it worked out.

The book was designed and created from software downloaded from Vistaprint.  who then produced the Album.

Here's are a few pages to give you a glimpse of how it looks.

DSC06828.thumb.JPG.b7b87f930896839a2161ea7f4efe7f3c.JPG

DSC06825.thumb.JPG.83f9909356c35aff40b383fc8fe9ffa5.JPG

DSC06821.thumb.JPG.e32cf8008a1bd0ecd6b04bcb2eacc3b0.JPG

DSC06822.thumb.JPG.375988e9c10c59c363a93813bdf2d8de.JPG

DSC06826.thumb.JPG.e0db45e9c588be76709068a93db5ed89.JPG

DSC06824.thumb.JPG.452c05ed3099ef4aa4e456be606526fe.JPG

DSC06827.thumb.JPG.edb19011da0ae42b31b10dc39f77dc30.JPG

In reality the photo's are far better than may appear on this post, and it's nice to have a record outside of a computer to look back on a build.

Regards,

B.E.

Ahoy BE -- I've just returned from a trip and find that you've put the final punctuation on your "Seven Year Adventure."  Beautiful book, BE (I wouldn't have imagined you'd do anything less).  Wonderful case, pleasant Work Shop, Handsome Builder (what's all this nonsense about your age?!  you can't be over 28 ;) ).  Most of all, a fine, fine Pegasus, one that would put a sparkle in the eye of any eighteenth-century modeller!

Onward!!!

Martin

Current Build:  HMS FLY 1776

Previous Builds:  Rattlesnake 1781

Prince de Neufchatel

• 1 month later...

Hi Maurice

I have been so long and so far away from this forum and I decided to come back for a look. 

First - congratulations on your wonderful rendition of this elegant sloop. You are the master of this kit and your work always inspired me to keep going when I was going (and not going very well). Your end result is as remarkable as your journey - surely one of the most informative logs - it is the "how to" for all who tackle this beautiful ship in kit form. The brilliant outcome speaks for itself. I doff my cap to your skills and patience. One day I'd like to bother you for a visit to admire the outcome in reality - I'd need an invite of course!!!

Mine lays over on it's side - I ran out of puff but the wind will lift it off again one day...I can't resist modelling though - WW1 planes at the moment. And then I'll return here to finish my HMS Fly.

Brilliant man. Keep building!!!

Best regards,

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

• 5 months later...

Hi B.E.

a nice idea to round up the project....:)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi B E

Just read through your log from the beginning, great work on the model and fabulous rigging

Regards

Paul

The clerk of the cheque's yacht of sheerness

Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁