Dusek Golden Hind

• 4 weeks later...

I had a search for you but mainly Mamoli Golden Hind kits I found. 

I'm sure its Dusek has taken over from Mamoli after they stopped production. So my guess is they will be the same, probaly just a little bit better.  Hope this helps.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

You might try asking Daniel here:   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2017 at 12:37 PM, Kurt Johnson said:

Has anyone come across any builds of Dusek's Golden Hind?  I can't seem to find anything.

Kurt

I just ordered the kit from Model Expo, it was on sale and they had another 33% off, so delivered it was under $88 to my door. Hope I like the kit, I didn't put any research into it, the price just seemed too good to pass up. 

• 3 months later...

From what I can see the Dusek Golden Hind looks more like the Mayflower where as the Mamoli Golden hind is more comparable to a three masted Revenge. Which is right I do not know.  

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

I would like to add that a couple of  resurrected Mamoli/Dusek kits that I have acquired recently appear to be greatly improved over the

old Mamoli kits.

What is really great is that Daniel Dusek, the owner( I assume) of the company, is a member here, and responds promptly to inquiries.

I hope to start a log soon, and will point out some of the improvements which include laser cut frame parts.

I would suspect that examples  here on MSW may be in short supply, since the new kits have not been out there very long.

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon