Next Model

DonnRW

Within the next couple of months I will be finishing the Bounty (Cauldercraft), so I am beginning to think about my next build. I am leaning toward building the Agamemnon (Cauldercraft). I suppose I am leaning toward the Cauldercraft kit due to such a good experience with the Bounty. That said, those of you with more experience building kits from various manufacturers may have a more informed suggestion. Many Thanks.

If you want to stay with Caldercraft I'd recommend the bomb vessel Granado. A little less complex and smaller than Agamemnon. My build log is in my signature. I made a number of changes to the kit, including substituting boxwood for the hull planking. Bob "rafine" has just completed a very nice build of her as well, if you'd like to see another example of what can be done with the kit. It's a neat looking vessel, with just enough complexity and decoration. Highly recommended.

Joe Volz

Current build:

Model Shipways "Benjamin W. Latham"

Completed  builds on MSW:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

To see what is possible with the Granado definitely check out Bob's build.  Model Shipways have some popular kits including some really great praise for the Syren.