Delta King

Hello from Sacramento

Hello, I joined the group because I found a kit of the Kate Cory in an antique shop. I made several plastic ship models what I was a teenager, including the Constitution, Cutty Sark, and Charles W. Morgan. I always wanted to make a wooden ship model. I go by Delta King, after the river boat that is moored on the Sacramento River in Old Sacramento. I really admire the workmanship displayed on this site and I can hardly wait to have a model to share.

ccoyle, EJ_L, Fright and 1 other like this

Welcome aboard,

This is a great place to learn and share tips and techniques.
When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.
If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing with our gallant crew.

Regards,

Anja

Welcome.  I lived in Sacramento from Jr High until I was forty.  I too was fascinated by the Delta King.

I would have loved to have seen her steaming down the river but won't happen I am sure.

mtaylor, Fright, Delta King and 1 other like this

Welcome to MSW!! Great to have you with us and best of luck to you on your first wooden ship model!

Delta King, Fright and mtaylor like this

Delta King,

Welcome!  I have been scratch building the Kate Cory for more years now than I would like to admit.  I am presently in the running rigging so keep me in mind, if you have any problems I might be able to help you out.  I assume this is a Model Shipways kit.  The instructions are pretty good and Erik Ronnberg has done a set of plans and booklet that would be very helpful and is extremely detailed but I don't think it is still available unless it shows up used somewhere.  Good Luck and let me know if I can help you.

mtaylor, Fright and Delta King like this

:piratebo5: Welcome aboard! It's been many years since I visited Old Town - I had a college friend who lived in Sacramento. I hope all of the rain and flooding did not effect your area. All the more reason to build a boat/ship!

mtaylor and Delta King like this