MESSIS

Hermione by MESSIS - Artesania Latina - 1/89

Just a few days ago I received the Hermione kit and an extra kit of its crew from AL. 

I boght it from the L Hermione Lafayette Museum in Rochefort France. It was the only supplier offering together both ship and crew kit. And more to that it offered the chepeast price including shipping. 

The best thing was that  it arrived from France to Cyprus in only 4  days! Incredible!

Here is my invoice.

RP_20170320_133005.jpg

I opened the kit and I was very happy with what I saw. Great and tidy packing. Materials... wood, cast, etch, etc. everything is first class quality.

The instructions in a dvd with more than 350 pages ( pdf ), colour pictures and text in three languages. Plus a number of videos explaining various building technics and  procedures. Also a part's list , varius other small drawings, templates, paints katalogue, etc. and a colour drawing 1/1 scale with all the ships views. 

I never had such a wonderfull and fine made kitt. Am dying to start building.

RP_20170320_133029.jpg

RP_20170320_133049.jpg

RP_20170320_133108.jpg

MESSIS -

Very nice looking kit.  1/89 scale?  Interesting.  I assume her crew is the same scale.  What will be the overall length of the ship?

How is the quality of the deadeyes and blocks?

I'll be watching - Good luck with her.

- Tim

donrobinson likes this

Yes Tim  the crew is also made by AL in same scale representing that crew which sailed 1780 the ship to America carrying Marq. De La Fayette to the American revolution.

As I said all materials deadeyes, blocks  incl. are top quality. Lenght 750 mm

Christos

donrobinson likes this

No crew wasnt included. AL offers the crew kit as an extra kit. But is designd specially for that ship kit.... scale is the same and it represents the crew that sailed the ship in 1780

Here I go..... started with keel and bulkheads. Then the cannon deck and some sanding with my dremmel, to round up edges for the upcoming planking.

RP_20170321_125433.jpg

RP_20170321_125459.jpg

RP_20170321_125552.jpg

coxswain and Ondras71 like this