Hermione by MESSIS - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - 1/89

@Dutchman

Thankyou my friend. The GAC 400 its working fine. It seems am going to finish Hermione in this month. Its been now about 18 months that am working on her. I started this build in March 2017. I never  put it down all this time... I only reduced my working time during the presidential elections campaign from September to February, a few weeks when we had guests at our house and a few other weeks as we have been in vacations. I ll try to figure out how many working hours I had. I guess about 15 to 20 hours a week, when I worked more intense.

Edited by MESSIS

How did I miss this wonderful build? Beautiful work throughout Christos, and those sails are a real treat!

Steven

Edited by Louie da fly

It seems am really sailing her... its a great feeling! 

Today I  started playing with the though the build is comming to its end. 18 months is a long time.... I never believed I was going to see her finished. And thats because most of the builds in our blog start and remain unfinished. 

It has been a great experience and fan... I enjoyed every moment.... I still do. The sails will finished this month or latest beginning of Oct.

20180907_132656.jpg

The mizzen mast in the picture above looks like its not  sitting vertical on the ship. It looks like it has an inclination towards the ship's stern.... but it doesnt! I saw my upload myself and went at once to have a look on my build... no the mast stands 100% verticaly 90°...  ufff  everything is fine... its just a visual illusion made through the angle by which I took the picture!

Edited by MESSIS

Sorry, i have totally missed your build log, i will whip myself with (well something that dont hurt to much)

lovely work

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Last sail in posotion. Mizzen top galand. Both Main and Mizzen masts have a slide turn towards port side and Foremast is straight.

There is now a sailor on on the Mizzen mast looking if the british ship is still chasing L'Hermione... and yes it does! 

20180922_101540.jpg

20180922_101436.jpg

Edited by MESSIS

She is beautiful Messis. Very well done. The natural look of the sails is very impressive.

That British ship has no chance of catching up....

Peter

Current Build:     USF Confederacy 1778 - Model Shipways - 1:64

Completed:         US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64

San Francisco Cross Section - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Future build:        HM Granado - Caldercraft - 1:64

LeRenard - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Great job, she looks beautiful. It took a lot of discipline on your part to complete.

I am still coming along (slowly) with mine. I would send you some photos but I have the hull covered to protect the paint.

Seems like I can spend many hours on it and get very little done. But a little progress is better than none.

Which reminds me of a friend that built a home built airplane over many years. He said the secret is to do something everyday.  If you do nothing the project stops.

What do you think of the CD that came with it? 

I think I would like regular plans and instructions better. 

RussR

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

@Russ thank you for your kind words

It took until today 18 months and I calcualated roughly 800 working hours.

I totaly agree about the dvd. I also prefer drawings.

Am anxious to have a look to your Hermione... come on send me something.

So the crew is coming slowly on board. Some minor work is done and the anchors are prepared to be installed.

We are waiting General Lafayette and the Captain. De La Touche before embarking..

Here some pictures of the crew... still is more crew to come.

20180924_181231.jpg

20180924_182056.jpg

20180924_181443.jpg

20180924_185817.jpg

Edited by MESSIS

1 hour ago, MESSIS said:

Am anxious to have a look to your Hermione... come on send me something.

Here is the latest as requested.

There isn't much to look at because I covered the hull up because I keep messing up the paint and I even temporary lost one of the cannons.

DSCN0136.JPG

DSCN0137.JPG

DSCN0138.JPG

DSCN0139.JPG

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

I really like how this kit is turning out, I am putting it on the list to build in the future. 10/10

Anchors up in position.... and ofcourse the rear lantern is ready to be lighten up.

Am almost there.... still some more crew figures to be painted (among them General Lafayette and Captain De La Touche) and L'Hermione is finished.

20180925_084301.jpg

20180925_121528.jpg

20180925_121930.jpg

This is the end!  L'Hermione is completed!

Started in March 17, it took 18 months. I believe, or I calculated roughly about 800-900 working hours.

Its been a great pleasure and fan. The thing is: never stop working even a few hours a week.

Here are the finished pictures

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

d1.jpg

e.jpg

e1.jpg

g.jpg

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

h.jpg

Great job. Your self discipline has payed off.

This kit is a welcome change from the normal kit. Some like the natural wood finished ship without sails. This kit has the full package for me. It sands out from the rest. And that is what motivates me to continue. (not to say others are wrong) 

3 hours ago, MESSIS said:

The thing is: never stop working even a few hours a week.

You are correct. 

I work on my Hermione everyday. Even if only for an hour a day.

What is your next project? Or will you be taking a break?

Edited by RussR
Added something

Wonderful, wonderful build Messis. You can be very proud on this one! Congratulations and I will be watching for your next build!!!!