Hermione by MESSIS - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - 1/89

@RussR thank you my friend. Now am making a short video about the build of Hermione, its s kind of log book. Next niild I already have its Sir Winston Churchill 1/75 from Woody Joe.

@donrobinson thsnk you for your kind words and thank you for folowing the build since the very beginning.

@Fright thank you for your nice comment

Edited by MESSIS

Hi Christos,

indeed a lovely model, congrats to finalisation of your beautiful work, it looks great with the sails......

What will your next project be  ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Nils thank you very much for your kind words, thats nice of you. You also commented in my post in the Gallery and I thank you also for that.

Am already making a short log video of Hermione and as next I already have a kit bought from Japan, Sir Wiston Churchill from Woody Joe, which I plan/would like to build according to the experience gained this past few years building ship models. It has to become my best build -I hope and wish-, although my great love -I think- will always be L'Hermione!

Edited by MESSIS

Beautiful work Messis. You did an excellent job on you first tries on both coppering the hull and filling the sails. It has been a great pleasure sharing this build with you. The Summer here was so terribly hot and humid I had to close down my own shipyard. It's just changed this week to being more seasonable so hopefully the better weather and your fine example of a finished ship will spur me back into action.  

Beutifule work ! Well done 👍🏻 

"smooth seas do not make good sailors..."

:pirate41:

MY FIRS BUILD : H.M.S BOUNTY (mamoli)

SECOND BUILD :The concord stagecoach 1:12 youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJzCs9umWPI 

CURRENTLY BUILD : H.M.S VICTORY (Caldercraft) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15501-hms-victory-by-michael101-caldercraft-scale-172/

Great job on the model and video. 

I like the music selection as well.

Yours is the 1st completed Hermione that I know of.

This helps to keep me motivated to finish mine.

RussR

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

• 1 month later...

Some friend asked about my new build. Its the yacht Sir Wiston Churchill 1/75 from woody joe. An interesting japanese kit. Here it the link to my new build log:

Edited by MESSIS

@Bertu and @Wallace  thank you guys for your nice comments. Still playing with the I idea of redoing the build, but now knowing better, trying to avoid this  time  all the small mistakes I did on it the first time.

Edited by MESSIS

• 3 weeks later...