Titanic by ArtB169 (Art Braunschweiger) - Minicraft - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Superdetailed with PE

Greetings -

this is not a build log per se but the website for the completed model, which has over 12 pages of build photos and explanations of what was done and how.  Plus, of course, finished model photos.  

www.titanicmodel.net

Regards

Art Braunschweiger

Forum administrator, please move this to the appropriate location if it doesn't belong here.

Hi Art,

had a look at your homepage link, wonderful work there and beautiful pictures....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Art,

Yes -super impressive indeed. Beautiful work - so much detail within such a small scale.

PS: Your site is also quite impressive.

Cheers,

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Great detailing on a great ship.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Amazing! I only managed to browse through a few pages, but I will definitely look at the rest when I have some time later. 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

• 1 year later...

Incredible.  Truly amazing work, well done!  My cousin is a Titanic nerd, has been since he was six years old, and he recently bought the Minicraft kit but isnt a modeler, so he asked me to build it for him.  So i will definitely be referencing your build--probably exclusively!  There is no way i can come close to the level of detail you have achieved, but i want to stay as historically accurate as possible with what i have to work with, so your website is exactly what i need to make that happen.  Your hard work is very much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Hello Art,

On the kit hull, there appear to be nine portholes between the bottom two full hull length rows of portholes.  Are these in fact portholes, or something else? I don't see them on the TRMA sidelight diagram on your build site and  can 't see them on  photos.  I was just wondering if I should drill them out

Thanks,

Don

• 3 years later...

Good Morning,

The page by page description of Art's build is absolutely fascinating. What is missing is a description on how Art cut the hull in order to make the model a waterline  depiction such as her anchored at Cherbourg. That is how I would also like to portray her since that is how my great, great aunt would have seen her as she boarded at Cherbourg.

Thank so for any help.

Howard Potter

• The title was changed to Titanic by ArtB169 (Art Braunschweiger) - Minicraft - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Superdetailed with PE