Dan Vad

Concord Stagecoach by Dan Vad - Model Trailways - 1:12 scale - circa 1862 "Cobb & Co"

98 posts in this topic

Hey howya goin Danny mate, looking good mate looking good, I may have to try this kit at sometime, I like the handles. I couldn't get the sanding sealer from bunnings there are all sold out, Did you use sanding sealer before you painted the cabin? :bird-vi:

CaptainSteve and Canute like this

50 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Did you use sanding sealer before you painted the cabin?

No Eddie, I used "Splashes" brand white wood primer (brushed on), followed by sanding and an application of automotive spray primer. Sanding Sealer is meant more for a "bare" wood finish, although it works just as well under paint. If you are painting the model you could just do the same as me. Any brand of primer would do the job.

:cheers:  Danny

CaptainSteve, Canute, Eddie and 2 others like this

That looks absolutely luxurious, Dan. I assume that you have modelled a scale-sized drinks-tray underneath that centre bench-seat.

:cheers:

Canute, Eddie and Mike Dowling like this

8 hours ago, CaptainSteve said:

That looks absolutely luxurious, Dan.

Steve, this is actually a "bare bones" version of the coach - the luxurious ones were upholstered in brocade or satin :) . Imagine up to 12 people crammed inside :o .

3 hours ago, Mike Dowling said:

I hope you don't mind if I pinch a space on your log to show the finished article

Ha, I might have to re-title this topic to "Coaches by Danny and Mike" :D . No probs mate, she looks a beauty - dunno about the colours though ..... ;) .

Thanks Eddie.

:cheers:  Danny

Eddie and CaptainSteve like this