Stage Coach 1848 by Eddie - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:10

Eddie

I thought you might like to see how I have been getting on.

IMGP4710.JPG

IMGP4723.JPG

Current build : Fokker Dr 1

Completed non-boat build 1/16 Model expo Sopwith Camel - in shore leave.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Artesania Latina Red Dragon (Modified)

Non-boat build 1/24 scale Dennis bus by OcCre - in shore leave.

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

OcCre Santisima Trinidad Cross Section 

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

Hey howya goin Mike mate, wow that looks good what kit is that from.  :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

what kit is that from.

Eddie, that would be the Conestoga Wagon from Model Trailways, same manufacturer as my stagecoach. http://www.modelexpo-online.com/page.asp?lp=1005

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

10 hours ago, Dan Vad said:

Conestoga Wagon from Model Trailways

Hey howya goin Danny mate, Thanks.  

Hey Danny and Mike have you guys thought about doing Model Airways airplane next like Torbogdan is doing the Fokker DR 1 and I got this one in my stash, I've had this for years.   :bird-vi:

IMG_0237.thumb.JPG.9c8cca0c8d126369d5fadfabfbea3192.JPG

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Hi Eddie,

Hey Danny and Mike have you guys thought about doing Model Airways airplane next

Been there, done that Eddie :D . Although this Sopwith Camel was brought out by Hasegawa. I made it about 30 years ago, brilliant Kit :

camelcpitl.jpg

Sopwith Camel 002.jpg

Sopwith Camel 003.jpg

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Wow thats great Danny and you have it hanging from the ceiling didn't think of that I always thought where am I going to put mine when I make it .  :bird-vi:

I have been thinking about doing a plane but I have been having difficulty in finding a wooden one. I used to scratch build planes in my distant mis-spent youth and I don't want to make plastic ones. About the only kit I have seen is from Amati - pricey though!

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

Look at Model Expo site thats where I got mine and Torbogdan got he's they aren't plastic there wood and metal.  :bird-vi:

2 hours ago, Mike Dowling said:

I have been thinking about doing a plane but I have been having difficulty in finding a wooden one.

Check out Ebay Mike. I paid about $700 for the 1/8 scale kit 30 years ago :D . Unfortunately Hasegawa discontinued the model years ago, so Ebay is probably the only place you'll find one.

Cheers, Danny

Nothing on ebay at the moment Danny but I tend to check it every day - sad person that I am!!

I will check out Model expo Eddie but at the moment, with the exchange rate as it is and the sheer cost of getting anything shipped from the States probably make it a no go.

Hope you had fun checking out my build logs and thanks for all the kind comments.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

Eddie, Danny, I have found some suppliers of model airways kits in the UK. The Sopwith Camel looks good so I will have to start saving up.

Many thanks both for the tips.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

14 minutes ago, Mike Dowling said:

I have found some suppliers of model airways kits in the UK

Mike I didn't realise you where from the Scotland, was the shop this one Cornwall Model Boats <-- Click here they have them to.   :bird-vi:

Yes, I see they do some but also a company called Antics Online that do all the model airways planes.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

4 hours ago, Mike Dowling said:

Nothing on ebay at the moment Danny

Errr, Mike - if you had of clicked on the word "Ebay" in bold blue letters in my previous post, it was a Link that took you directly to a LOT of Hasegawa aeroplane kits ;) .

Cheers, Danny

Hey howya goin all, heres the inside of the cabin lined, later today I'll get some Sanding Sealer from Bunnings and seal them.   :bird-vi:

59025a95ca403_StageCoach038.thumb.JPG.fca8df506270141e3feeca5f5fcbeb0d.JPG

Hey Eddie,

FYI - on the wiring, I gave each lamp it's own 9-volt (so they'd have plenty of power) but then wired them in quasi-parallel to a single switch mounted under the front. 

Lamp_Wiring.jpg.727a86ae8584605dcd3dcafe52aea641.jpg

Hey howya goin Bug mate, thanks.   :bird-vi:

Not a bad idea but where do you put two batteries? I had enough trouble fitting one under the driving seat.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

Brilliant thread this.

Great work Eddie. Looks like a lot of wood there. Nice looking fittings kit as well.

I have this kit on a wish list along with an aircraft but was not sure if I would get any enjoyment from this type of kit. seeing yours and Danny's build of the stagecoach and how good the parts look I am quickly coming round to the idea of building one of these alongside my ship. Now seeing how good your aircraft model looks Danny I will almost certainly buy a couple of these kits. Even if I don't start them now I will have them for my retirement.

Some good advice on the glue tips and the dust buster am sourcing these as I write.

I use cocktail sticks for the small adhesive jobs. They are perfect from the tin and can be gently sanded to a pin sharp point were tiny drops of glue are required. They are cheap and cheerful and I buy them in packs of hundreds, I use a lot but they are worth it. They are also good for manoeuvring small parts into place as well.

Know what you mean about the clamps, haven't used that brand but have not found a really good brand to hold the larger gaps in place. I find the elastic band method as good as clamps. the thicker bands have a good bit of strength especially if combing three or four together.

Paul

PS.

Have found these on Cornwall Model Boats. Am being drawn to the kit for the Jenny. They also sell the Stagecoach kit.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/Model-Airways-Kits.html

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

hey howya goin Paul mate, thanks for the comment, yes this brand of clamp are crap but they are the only ones I can find that are 150mm long, there is another brand Irwin which are a better brand but there micro clamps only come in 100mm long, opening that is, I was thinking I might pick up one packet and hope that ther bar on them are the same thinknes as the crap one and swap the clamping parts from the Irwin ones to the crap ones hence getting longer better ones, only things is Bunnings no longer sells the miro ones so I will have to get a set from some where else.   :bird-vi:

Wrong ones Paul, same brand those ones are just alittle smaller then the full size ones still to big the ones I'm after are https://www.carbatec.com.au/clamping-vices-and-workholding/quick-release-clamps/micro-bar-clamp-and-spreader this is the only shop in Vic that I can find that has them. I dont have a car anymore so its going to take good few hours to get there and look at them, ones thing good about that shop is it's where I will be getting my scroll saw from so while there I can have a look at that to.   :bird-vi:

Hey Paul mate, no need to say sorry mate your just helping me out mate.   :bird-vi:

4 hours ago, Paul Jarman said:

Sorry About that Eddie.

Paul

Paul may be the way I said it was wrong I don't alway say it the right way I appreciate you help and look for it.

I edited post 52.

5 hours ago, Mike Dowling said:

Not a bad idea but where do you put two batteries? I had enough trouble fitting one under the driving seat.

Mike - I had plenty of room under the seat. But I also pre-measured so that the "hatch" was a little further forward.

58 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Paul may be the way I said it was wrong I don't alway say it the right way I appreciate you help and look for it.

My turn to say no problem Eddie. You said nothing wrong. Checking out your link I see what you are after. Hope you manage to get what you want.

Paul

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

Yes Bug, I did the same thing just for the one battery. The problem I had was partly that the placement of the hole for the wires in the instructions was a wee bit too low, it needed to go up about 1cm, and I should have cut the wires shorter as they got in the way of the battery. The supplied bulbs are actually quite dim which is fine and looks good so I am not sure on the need for two batteries.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

Hey howya goin all, well I was just about to apply some sanding sealer when I just remembered that I forgot to get some sponge brushes.   :bird-vi:

59061d2ea7fc6_StageCoach039.thumb.JPG.095ea3c999fd46b5341929e0e2c650d7.JPG

Hey howya goin all, forgot to put this part in before, you can see I used tamiya tape on the small parts of the veneer to hold it together because the company that kit comes from was to lazy to put a backing paper on the veneer. 

590a56b88611a_StageCoach040.thumb.JPG.7c2d8b3c71a7a6b1270da2a07e76838b.JPG

Here I have applied the second coat of sanding sealer.

590a56bb7ad91_StageCoach041.thumb.JPG.43cf94e1171de7aa9fe6d13339890d63.JPG

While I wait for the sanding seal to dry, I have start on the trunk where I will be putting the on/off switch for the lights the trunk has working hinges so it will be easy to get to, while waiting for these to dry I'll be starting on the roof where I'll run the wires under the timber I'll cut a grove in the ply for the wires to run along. I've ordered 2 types of switch off of Ebay I haven't decided what ones I'll use yet they were only a couples of bucks from china.

590a56c031f00_StageCoach042.thumb.JPG.8401ca0e634c087e92b8fe7282176fcf.JPG

Its a shame they laser cut the part numbers in the wood.   :bird-vi: